6+ hours at LAX?

Old February 7th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Gary Vocks

Default 6+ hours at LAX?

We have an almost 7 hour layover at LAX in the middle of the day on Tuesday.
Is it practical to try to leave the airport to visit any local sites in that
short of time. I haven't been to that airport in 40 years so I don't know
anything about the area.

Old February 8th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Andy P. Jung

"Gary Vocks" wrote in message
We have an almost 7 hour layover at LAX in the middle of the day on

Tuesday.
Is it practical to try to leave the airport to visit any local sites in

that
short of time. I haven't been to that airport in 40 years so I don't know
anything about the area.

I have a 12 hour layover on a Wednesday, March 17 after I arrive on DL
flights from MSY-DFW at 11 AM. I thought about getting a rental car to
attend a taping of The Price is Right but after reading the rules you have
to show up before 6:00 AM so that is out of the question. Fortunately, I
have many friends and relatives in Los Angeles so my cousin and his family
have agreed to pick me up from LAX, spend the ½ day sightseeing and send me
back to LAX to board the MH flight to TPE.

On the way back on Sunday, April 18 it'll be a 6 hour layover at LAX so I'm
thinking about asking my parent's good friend and her family to pick me up
from LAX for dinner and return to the airport in a few hours to board the
red eye DL flight to DFW and back to MSY.

All this for just 60,000 SkyMile Economy Class award ticket and $32 in taxes
and fees.

BTW, if I do decide to spend the 6 hour layover waiting then I will not
leave the concourse for the annoyance of getting solicited for monetary
donations. Maybe the only good thing that came out of post 9/11 is that only
ticketed passengers are allowed beyond security checkpoints. I remember the
past 2 occasions that I went thru LAX (1991 and 1994) were those damn
solicitors. Why does it seem that LAX is such a haven for solicitors where
other airports don't have this problem?

--
Andy P. Jung
Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.

To reply via e-mail, please visit my web site.

Old February 8th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Matt

Only if you like nudie bars

Seriously though....You might try going to the Getty museum. It's not too
far, unless of course your there during rush hour.

Matt

Old February 8th, 2004, 05:46 AM
mrraveltay

Gary Vocks wrote:
We have an almost 7 hour layover at LAX in the middle of the day on Tuesday.
Is it practical to try to leave the airport to visit any local sites in that
short of time. I haven't been to that airport in 40 years so I don't know
anything about the area.

One of:

Museum Of Tolerance
Getty