British Airways

Old April 8th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Ken Tough

Jason wrote:

Ken Tough
If possible, reduced mobility people should be booked at a bulkhead
to give them a better fighting chance in case of emergency exit.
(Though I do like the idea of door-mounted ejection seats.)

And where do you propose the baby basinets go, and of course those
travelling with said small children?

I'm in that group. At the bulkheads, too. (All of them are not
full of children, regardless of how it seems).

Though I do think the some airlines (e.g. Virgin) could profit
from the new A380 by designing a special compartment for families,
with either additional bulkheads or special seat configurations
that allow two seats on either side of a bassinet/reduced width
seat (for larger children). They could easily charge 50% of a
seat fee for that arrangement, nab a lot of market share, and
advertise quieter economy for the rest of the plane.

--
Ken Tough

Old April 9th, 2005, 01:50 AM

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

What's "Easyjet"? I only book whatever flies out of LAX
with the fewest (preferably no) transfers.

You have clearly read the book "Tom Jones"
Besides .... it is "easyJet"

Old April 9th, 2005, 04:15 AM
RAK

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 08:59:32 on Wed, 6 Apr
2005, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" remarked:

most of the aircraft I've been in have only two seats on the window
sides - at worst one would only inconvenience ONE person.

No, most seem to have three. Especially those smaller aircraft used by
people like Easyjet, that only have one aisle.

What's "Easyjet"? I only book whatever flies out of LAX with the fewest
(preferably no) transfers.

What's LAX?

Old April 12th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Malcolm Weir

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:34:57 +0200, "Volker Hetzer"
wrote:

"Lansbury" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
The suit in the office probably has a far better understanding of the best
practice for all passengers than the passenger who is only considering their
*own* needs. If an aircraft crashes (as opposed to a control forced landing)
it will invariable catch fire, that is why there is a requirement to evacuate
in 90 seconds, longer than let you are dead.

90? Ok, my mistake. I thought just over 2min but couldn't remember exactly
anymore.

90 Seconds.
Using half the exits.
In the dark.

(That's the requirement. Airbus is looking for volunteers -- about
1100 of them, to get the age/sex ratios appropriate -- for the A380
this summer. They're approaching sports clubs in the Hamburg area,
IIRC).

Volker

Malc.
Old April 12th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Malcolm Weir

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:09:41 +0300, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

Naturally you know better than other folks what planes they have travelled
by. It is very typical to have only two adjacent seats.

Get over yourself, Markku. The subject, and the initial issue, states
explicitly which airline was concerned.

You'll find that it is quite atypical (measured across the fleet) to
have only two adjacent seats on British Airways aircraft. The
situations where this is so are in Club Europe (business class, and
one side only), B767s, 3 rows at the back of the B747, World traveler
Plus on 777 and 747 (5 and 3 rows, respectively), and Club World.

Or to put it another, simpler, way: unless you've paid extra or been
upgraded, on BA the only big jet aircraft which have only two adjacent
seats are the 21 B767s and the last three rows of the 57 B747s. And
none of the 120-odd narrow bodies.

Malc.
Old April 12th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Malcolm Weir" kirjoitti viestissä
wrote:

Naturally you know better than other folks what planes they have

travelled
by. It is very typical to have only two adjacent seats.

Get over yourself, Markku. The subject, and the initial issue, states
explicitly which airline was concerned.

Neither of the two was an argument in that part of the thread in which I was
involved.

Old April 12th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Malcolm Weir

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:05:56 +0300, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"Malcolm Weir" kirjoitti viestissä
.. .
wrote:

Naturally you know better than other folks what planes they have

travelled
by. It is very typical to have only two adjacent seats.

Get over yourself, Markku. The subject, and the initial issue, states
explicitly which airline was concerned.

Neither of the two was an argument in that part of the thread in which I was
involved.

Look at the subject line, laddie.

Malc.