Question on Seattle

Old January 22nd, 2004, 03:28 PM
Mark Hewitt

Default Question on Seattle

"DM" wrote in message ...
In article v7AOb.55$Se.18@lakeread05, "Ted J" wrote:

Ted J, The reason I wanted to stay close to the airport is that I was
concerned about getting to the airport Monday morning through traffic.I

will
have a rental car so driving downtown would be no problem.The rental car
agency is right there as well and they will drop us at the airport. Our

ship
docks at 7am and we pick the car up down town so we can catch the needle

and
market and such before heading for the hotel. If you have any other

thoughts,
let me know. Thanks for the impute.......DM

Personally I would stay downtown. The downtown area isn't that big and I
stayed at the Sheraton and all the main attractions, the quayside, the Space
Needle, the fish market etc were all within easy walking distance. And if
you didn't want to walk then theres buses going every which way, for free!

It depends what you want tho, if you want to stay somewhere where you can
explore downtown Seattle, then stay downtown! But if you want to go to
places other than the city centre then get a car (even then the buses will
likely take you there).

I visited Seattle last July for business and likely won't have another
opportunity to return which is a shame :-(

Old January 22nd, 2004, 03:29 PM
Mark Hewitt

Default Seattle has one of the best public transport systems on earth... Question on Seattle

" ~ rob ~" wrote in message

Well, they do!

Gotta love them bus tunnels!

Old January 22nd, 2004, 05:27 PM
mimi

" ~ rob ~" wrote in message
> [...]

Wow, gotta send the message with this header to the Metro headquarters.
They'd be thrilled.

Living in Seattle, I don't find this true. It's easy to go north and south.
East and west suffers from the same problems that car traffic does: hills
(actually glacier-formed ridges), lakes, and other bodies of water. On the
other hand, makes for great scenery...

Marianne