Florida- Oralndo area question

Old January 19th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Danny

Default Florida- Oralndo area question

when is the best time to visit Orlando florida? I have a interest to visit the disney and Universal Parks. what is the best time to go? When is the cheapest time to go? thanks

danny
Old January 19th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Brian K

On 01/19/2004 3:11 PM Danny plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:

when is the best time to visit Orlando florida? I have a interest to
visit the disney and Universal Parks. what is the best time to go?
When is the cheapest time to go? thanks

danny

Generally for anywhere in south florida, the least expensive time to go
is in the Summer. Then again while lodging may be less costly, the
Summer is the time when most US schools are out. It's family vacation
time at the theme parks. This translates into long lines. Comb the
internet for value packages that include discount admission to the theme
parks.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old January 19th, 2004, 10:27 PM
fishman

"Brian K" wrote in message
link.net...
On 01/19/2004 3:11 PM Danny plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:

when is the best time to visit Orlando florida? I have a interest to
visit the disney and Universal Parks. what is the best time to go?
When is the cheapest time to go? thanks

danny

Generally for anywhere in south florida, the least expensive time to go
is in the Summer. Then again while lodging may be less costly, the
Summer is the time when most US schools are out. It's family vacation
time at the theme parks. This translates into long lines. Comb the
internet for value packages that include discount admission to the theme
parks.

Florida residents get a discount at Disney in , February, May and November,
IIRC - so that would be a clue as to when low visitation is. Early June,
before the mass migration of vacation, is also good, as is early December
before 'high season' prices take over. There are discount hotel rooms
everywhere - try www.flausa.com . There are lots of things to do in Orlando
& Kissimmee besides the Mouse, so look around.

Chris

Old January 20th, 2004, 12:54 AM
j. sterling

"Brian K" wrote in message
link.net...
On 01/19/2004 3:11 PM Danny plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:

when is the best time to visit Orlando florida? I have a interest to
visit the disney and Universal Parks. what is the best time to go?
When is the cheapest time to go? thanks
danny

Generally for anywhere in south florida, the least expensive time to go
is in the Summer.

Summer is not the least expensive time in Orlando as the kids are
out of school and they theme parks are busy. Probably the cheapest is
October or May. This is an estimate on my part as I am a resident - however
October and May are a lot less busy. The weather is usually cooler and less
humid too - at least in the beginning of May and after the middle of
October. I usually go to one of the parks in the middle or end of October
because the weather is nice and the crowds are low.

Old January 20th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Me

In article ,
"Danny" wrote:

when is the best time to visit Orlando florida? I have a interest to visit
the disney and Universal Parks. what is the best time to go? When is the
cheapest time to go? thanks

That depends on what you mean by "best."

If you want to avoid the hot weather and heavy crowds at the theme parks,
go in October, November, late April, March, or early May. Avoid any
national holidays such as Easter or President's Day.
Old January 20th, 2004, 01:09 PM
me

"fishman" wrote in message ...
"Brian K" wrote in message
link.net...
On 01/19/2004 3:11 PM Danny plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:

when is the best time to visit Orlando florida? I have a interest to
visit the disney and Universal Parks. what is the best time to go?
When is the cheapest time to go? thanks

danny

Generally for anywhere in south florida, the least expensive time to go
is in the Summer. Then again while lodging may be less costly, the
Summer is the time when most US schools are out. It's family vacation
time at the theme parks. This translates into long lines. Comb the
internet for value packages that include discount admission to the theme
parks.

Florida residents get a discount at Disney in , February, May and November,
IIRC -

January actually I believe.

so that would be a clue as to when low visitation is. Early June,
before the mass migration of vacation, is also good, as is early December
before 'high season' prices take over.

Yeah, you've hit it. Problem with Jan. often is they close rides
for maintainance. One can hit a "cold" snap too. (Challenger froze
on the pad in January). The "best" time in terms of weather is often
before Thanksgiving. Sorta between about the 1st of October and
just before Thanksgiving. Weather's nice and the crowds are relatively
light. Flip side is many of the "fall rates" have started, although
there will still be "specials" on those rates. There's a disney newsgroup
which can answer these questions better. Furthermore, there's more than
one website about visiting Disney. Google can be your friend.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 04:20 PM
dadand1

Try visiting rec.arts.disney.park.parks for all the information you would ever need regarding disney.

Old January 23rd, 2004, 07:21 AM
Shashay Doofray

A couple of years ago we went the week before Xmas and even though it was a
little cool and somewhat drizzley, we didn't have to wait in line for
ANYTHING. It was wonderful and much better than sweating our butts off in
the summer heat and humidity.

SD
et...