PASSPORTS

Old March 21st, 2009, 08:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default PASSPORTS

We just renewed our passpots,and they advised us to have photo copies
made, one to take with us and one to leave home with a relative,(which
we always do anyhow), the joke of it is ,we went to have them photo
copied,and they came up the tiniest photo copies we ever saw,they
will fit into my little bosom buddy just nicely(only the size of a
credit card) Luckily we have a bank that done
the photo copies over at no charge,and are regulation size. It just
seemed funny to see such tiny passports.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 21st, 2009, 09:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
We just renewed our passpots,and they advised us to have photo copies
made, one to take with us and one to leave home with a relative,(which
we always do anyhow), the joke of it is ,we went to have them photo
copied,and they came up the tiniest photo copies we ever saw,they
will fit into my little bosom buddy just nicely(only the size of a
credit card) Luckily we have a bank that done
the photo copies over at no charge,and are regulation size. It just
seemed funny to see such tiny passports.

That gives me a great idea! I am going to scan my passport then reduce it
in size so it fits in my wallet.

Thanks!

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Cruise Specials Weblog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/

May 10, 2009 ALASKA http://www.cruisemaster.com/moagc4.htm
January 10, 2009 Southern Caribbean
http://www.cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 16, 2010 OASIS http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Old March 21st, 2009, 09:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

On Mar 21, 3:51*pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
We just renewed our passpots,and they advised us to have photo copies
made, one to take with us and one to leave home with a relative,(which
we always do anyhow), the joke of it is ,we went to have them photo
copied,and they came up the tiniest photo copies we ever * *saw,they
will fit into my little bosom buddy just nicely(only the size of a
credit card) * * * * * * * * * * * * * Luckily we have a bank that done
the photo copies over at no charge,and are regulation size. It just
seemed funny to see such tiny passports. * *

* * * * * cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

Annie,

That is a great idea.

We also scan and upload ours to the document storage associated with
our webmail account. Another way to do achieve the same cyber storage
would be simply to email yourself a scanned copy and store it in your
web-based email. That way, if something happens to the original and/or
copies along the way of your trip, you can get to an Internet cafe,
login to your webmail and retrieve it.

Diana Ball
Austin, TX
Old March 21st, 2009, 11:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Did not know when i posted that some would think it a good idea, but i
am going to carry the little one when going ashore,and keep the larger
one on board the ship. When you have to go to immigration on board
ship,you must have the original,they will not accept photo copies.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"George Leppla" wrote in message

[...]

George, I have been doing that for my clients for some time now. When I
make their reservations, I require them to produce the passport they are
going to use (1. to ensure that they have it and it isn't expired, etc. and
2. to make their copy for them.) I print them in reduced size and full size
for each person. I have been making copies of my passport this way for over
10 years. When I go off ship, the original is in the safe (unless required
by local law) and the copy goes with my other photo identification. Never
been needed but you just never know anymore.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"LVTravel" wrote

George, I have been doing that for my clients for some time now. When I
make their reservations, I require them to produce the passport they are
going to use (1. to ensure that they have it and it isn't expired, etc.
and 2. to make their copy for them.) I print them in reduced size and full
size for each person. I have been making copies of my passport this way
for over 10 years. When I go off ship, the original is in the safe
(unless required by local law) and the copy goes with my other photo
identification. Never been needed but you just never know anymore.

Well, this wallet-size passport is one of those "why didn't I think of that"
kind of things.

Just goes to show that you are never too old to learn a new trick.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

[...]

Agree George. When are you going to LV again? I know you post over on the
AVLV site every once and awhile. I'll be there 4-1 - 4-8. I'm going to
miss the Joone meet.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"LVTravel" wrote

Agree George. When are you going to LV again? I know you post over on
the AVLV site every once and awhile. I'll be there 4-1 - 4-8. I'm going
to miss the Joone meet.

I'm going to miss it, too. We were just there in October and again in
January. I'm hoping to go sometime this Fall, but nothing definate is
planned.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 03:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"George Leppla" wrote in message

"LVTravel" wrote

Agree George. When are you going to LV again? I know you post over on
the AVLV site every once and awhile. I'll be there 4-1 - 4-8. I'm going
to miss the Joone meet.

I'm going to miss it, too. We were just there in October and again in
January. I'm hoping to go sometime this Fall, but nothing definate is
planned.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Cruise Specials Weblog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/

May 10, 2009 ALASKA http://www.cruisemaster.com/moagc4.htm
January 10, 2009 Southern Caribbean
http://www.cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 16, 2010 OASIS http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Amazing, isn't it. I was there in Oct. (14-21) and in Jan also (1-8 &
21-24). Other than the scheduled 4/1-8 trip I don't have another scheduled.
Would really like to meet the ones that post on AVLV. Most seem like a
great bunch of people.