Help w/cruise selection, please ...

Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Annette James

Default Help w/cruise selection, please ...

Have you tried looking into the Disneycruise, Carnival or the
Celebrity? If not my company offer vacations at a great deal.
www.travelfhtm.com/annettejames

Hope all works out for you!

Annette

On Nov 1, 1:20*pm, Bo1953 wrote:
I and a few friends are wanting to go on a cruise next year.. the
first week in November and need some suggestions...

We want something small, under 1,000 passengers and is child friendly
(9 & 10). Any all-inclusives possible? If not, that is fine too...

There will be between 10 -14 of us traveling.

Any thoughts on this for me?

TIA...

Samuel a/k/a Bo1953
NJ

Old November 3rd, 2009, 03:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

On Nov 2, 8:49*am, Sue Mullen wrote:

Disney is very good for kids, not bad for adults, *but it is expensive

He said expensive isn't an issue. Otherwise he wouldn't be considering
SeaDream.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 04:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Warren wrote:
On Nov 2, 8:49 am, Sue Mullen wrote:

Disney is very good for kids, not bad for adults, but it is expensive

He said expensive isn't an issue. Otherwise he wouldn't be considering
SeaDream.

Yes I did know that, but felt that Disney being expensive compared to
Princess, Celebrity, RCCL etc was much different then expensive on
SeaDream.

sue
Old November 3rd, 2009, 03:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

On Nov 1, 1:20*pm, Bo1953 wrote:

We want something small, under 1,000 passengers and is child friendly
(9 & 10). Any all-inclusives possible? If not, that is fine too...

My suggestions are to look at Silversea, RSSC and Seabourn in addition
to SeaDream - wherever they are sailing next November. I disagree that
you "must" limit yourself to the caribbean. As others have said also
take a look at Azamara, Oceania and the small Princess ships - all of
which use the former "R" ships.

These choices might not have dedicated children's programs or
facilities but the itineraries are so port intensive that it really
doesn't matter. You'll all be out exploring or playing on a beach.

You'll always be able to find a steward who will watch the kids for a
few hours in the evening for some extra cash.

Warren
Old November 3rd, 2009, 03:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

On Nov 2, 11:11*pm, Sue Mullen wrote:

Yes I did know that, but felt that Disney being expensive compared to
Princess, Celebrity, RCCL etc was much different then expensive on
SeaDream.

From reading what he's said, I doubt he'll be happy on Princess,
Celebrity or RCI.

Oh! I thought just popped in to my head. What about NCL's Garden
Villas that have all those bedrooms and private deck space?

Warren
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bo1953

On Nov 1, 1:20*pm, Bo1953 wrote:
I and a few friends are wanting to go on a cruise next year.. the
first week in November and need some suggestions...

We want something small, under 1,000 passengers and is child friendly
(9 & 10). Any all-inclusives possible? If not, that is fine too...

There will be between 10 -14 of us traveling.

Any thoughts on this for me?

TIA...

Samuel a/k/a Bo1953
NJ

Hello all....

Firstly, I do want to thank each and everyone of you for your input,
thoughts and guidance, once again. I have gone through the
recommendations and wanted to place this up for your thoughts to see
if I Am thinking clearly before going to a TA for further guidance and
thought:

I think the SD Voyage #11043 will fit nicely, on most points.

1) It departs on 31 Oct 10 for seven nights which covers the first
week of Nov 10
2) All inclusive, generally which means tipping and I believe wine
with meals (need to get that clarified)
3) There appears to be a new port everyday, which will help with the
children and keeping them busy
4) Single seating for meals
5) I think they may be able to best accommodate my vegan diet easier
with advance notice (I will e-mail them today about this)
6) Not a large ship!!!

What do you think on this? Again, thank you for your thoughts and
input, I Am grateful, very much so.

Warmest regards - Bo1953 a/k/a Samuel
Old November 4th, 2009, 02:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Bo1953 wrote:

On Nov 1, 1:20*pm, Bo1953 wrote:
[...]

Sounds good to me - the only problem you might have is that three
people is the maximum per room.
Old November 4th, 2009, 08:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bo1953

On Nov 4, 9:03 am, Rosalie B. wrote:
Bo1953 wrote:
On Nov 1, 1:20 pm, Bo1953 wrote:
[...]

Rosalie,

Thank you for that! I did not catch that. I will inquire if an
exception can be made in the case of children. Do you think this is a
good choice or what, based on what you know about the situation?

Again, thank you...
Old November 4th, 2009, 08:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 03:58:56 -0800 (PST), Bo1953
wrote:

I think the SD Voyage #11043 will fit nicely, on most points.

Hi Samuel,

May I inquire as to how many children and their ages?
--
Ray Goldenberg 800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
Lighthouse Travel http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

Ray Goldenberg, smelling big time commission bucks, asked:

Hi Samuel,

May I inquire as to how many children and their ages?

Well Ray, a good TA listens carefully to his customer. In this case you
could have read what Samuel wrote in his initial post in this thread:

"(9&10)".

What do you think that means?
I guess you were too busy spamming.