Casual dining in Nice?

Old November 25th, 2005, 04:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Casual dining in Nice?

We have had our best French dinner experiences in inexpensive places
frequented by the locals - more so than in gastronomic ones which have
a large tourist trade. For our upcomng first visit, I would welcome
your ideas or opinions, inlcuding those on our lists below.

First, from the always-reliable Jack, we are considering La Petie
Biche, Restaurant Voyageur Nissart, Restaurant du Gesu,
Café-restaurant de la Bourse, Nissa La Bella, La Taca d'Oli, and
Le 22 Septembre.

From other sources, we find La Table Alziari and the reportedly very

casual Chez Rene and Lou Pilha Leva.

Comments? Thanks.

Old November 25th, 2005, 04:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Mike M" wrote:

We have had our best French dinner experiences in inexpensive places
frequented by the locals - more so than in gastronomic ones which have
a large tourist trade. For our upcomng first visit, I would welcome
your ideas or opinions, inlcuding those on our lists below.

First, from the always-reliable Jack, we are considering La Petie
Biche, Restaurant Voyageur Nissart, Restaurant du Gesu,
Café-restaurant de la Bourse, Nissa La Bella, La Taca d'Oli, and
Le 22 Septembre.

From other sources, we find La Table Alziari and the reportedly very

casual Chez Rene and Lou Pilha Leva.

Comments? Thanks.

Our good find: La Tapenade, rue Ste. Réparate. Not too expensive, no
airs or graces, nice typical French cuisine. Seemed to be popular with
locals.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old November 25th, 2005, 05:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Mike M" wrote in message
oups.com...

We have had our best French dinner experiences in inexpensive places
frequented by the locals - more so than in gastronomic ones which have
a large tourist trade. For our upcomng first visit, I would welcome
your ideas or opinions, inlcuding those on our lists below.

First, from the always-reliable Jack, we are considering La Petie
Biche, Restaurant Voyageur Nissart, Restaurant du Gesu,
Café-restaurant de la Bourse, Nissa La Bella, La Taca d'Oli, and
Le 22 Septembre.

From other sources, we find La Table Alziari and the reportedly very

casual Chez Rene and Lou Pilha Leva.

Comments? Thanks.

(Why didn't my newsreader put in front of the message to be replied to
this time?)

We had a good lunch at Nissa La Bella and a memorable dinner at Lou Balico.
Both restaurants specialize in Nicois dishes.

Marianne

Old November 25th, 2005, 07:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

In article PTJhf.578486$_o.193263@attbi_s71,
The Next Guy wrote:

In article .com,
says...

In the old town section there's a place called Lou Phila Leva that you
may want to try for lunch. As I recall they specialize in chickpea
dishes -- some sort of chickpea crepe type things, forgot the name --

socca
Old November 26th, 2005, 07:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Mike M wrote:

We have had our best French dinner experiences in inexpensive places
frequented by the locals - more so than in gastronomic ones which have
a large tourist trade. For our upcomng first visit, I would welcome
your ideas or opinions, inlcuding those on our lists below.

First, from the always-reliable Jack, we are considering La Petie
Biche, Restaurant Voyageur Nissart, Restaurant du Gesu,
Café-restaurant de la Bourse, Nissa La Bella, La Taca d'Oli, and
Le 22 Septembre.

From other sources, we find La Table Alziari and the reportedly very

casual Chez Rene and Lou Pilha Leva.

Comments? Thanks.

I would recommend Restaurant Saetone (opposite Petite Biche), and the
Toscan (just round the corner).