Viking Cruisers Return

Old December 20th, 2007, 02:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Default Viking Cruisers Return

Charles wrote:
In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

LOL! Jo-Ann...40 ft waves!! No one from our group has come forth with a
figure yet, but I do believe the captain said it was 40 ft waves and 140
something winds as we were experiencing the effects of TS Olga! Some one in
the Vikings Group...HELP????

I never heard what the captain said but it did not feel like 40 ft
waves. And I did not see or smell any barf bags. I have been on several
cruises with worse waves. If there were 40 foot waves from Olga he
avoided them. I would guess about 12 foot waves.

I like barf bags....they are helpful to take extra desserts back to the
room.....

Jeff -- has never missed a meal in high seas!
Old December 20th, 2007, 02:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"kerry ambler" kerryamblerNO wrote in message
gee jean, i had no trouble with the shower size . and the sliding
shower head was great for me as i could lower it to where the water
actually hit me.
we had pen, paper and a directory of rules and phone numbers including
room service menus etc. that's what reminded me to order the fried chix
wings from room service. i had read about them on cruise critic and i
love chix wings. they were actually drumettes. i brought it home. it
was just a book, not in a leather binder.
the liquid on the wall was a combination of shampoo and conditioner.
there is no lotion anymore but the suites get it. if you ask your steward
he/she can get you some.
i really liked the loan of the robes for platinum and above, but i think
you had to ask for them.

Kerry, you probably got LOST in it!!! I really didn't have any problems and
I am much bigger and TALLER than you! Kerry must just make four feet!!
vbgI liked being able to slide the removable shower head down too...Didn't
get my hair wet...Am thinking of maybe getting one installed in one of our
showers at home!

Then you were lucky as I think that I heard several others say they did not
get a book in their cabin with all that
information...Did you get a pen and stationery, too? Nada for us! Had to
use my Azamara Journey pen! HA! The only booklet I got was the real snazzy
one that Susie's Bob put together with our pictures and bits of our
biographies and cabin numbers...He did such a good job!

--Jean

Having a hand held is a must! I have had one for years and I love it!
Just like on a cruise ship, lol... Actually come to think of it I've
always disliked the fixed shower head on the Princess ships, but oh well.

Jeff

Old December 20th, 2007, 02:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

There was none in our cabin, Charles...just a magazine with mostly
advertising lying on the table.
Didn't even know there was a drawer under the TV... IIRC, there was just
the
refrigerator there.

If you did not get the room directory, any stationary or the pen, the
problem was your cabin attendant. They did exist. They were not however
in the traditional location in the room which is on the top of the
desk. I did not see the room directory until the second day since the
booklet was sitting on the table with a pile of ad books of the type I
usually ignore and it did not look like the room directory I received
in the past. It was a stand alone booklet instead of in a binder.
Ditto the pen and stationary were not on the desktop and I did not
discover them until the second or third day tucked inside a drawer with
a Crown and Anchor Coupon book.

Well, at least we got the Crown and Anchor booklets! They were lying on top
of the desk.
Guess I should have questioned the cabin attendant...I've heard that some
people walk off with them. ;-)

--Jean

Old December 20th, 2007, 02:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Jeff" wrote in message
I would be singing along with Maureen, and when the ship flipped over I'd
be leading the procession up the upside down Christmas tree, etc. Sort of
the Gene Hackman role, but I'd live in the end.

lol....

Ya' know, somehow I believe you, Jeff! ;-)

--Jean

Old December 20th, 2007, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Jeff" wrote in message

I like barf bags....they are helpful to take extra desserts back to the
room.....

Jeff -- has never missed a meal in high seas!

This I don't believe, Jeff...you are too skinny!

--Jean ;-)

Old December 20th, 2007, 03:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Jeff" wrote in message
What....you are going on another cruise?? Where are the adoption papers
and why haven't they gone through yet?? Texas is so slow on these things!
Get it moving along!!!!

The papers were just about to be signed when you sent that post about
Maureen McGovern making me look bad...It is now all on hold ...see what you
did?

--Jean ;-)

Old December 20th, 2007, 03:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
Jean, I was on the Carnival Liberty (Dec 8-16th) and the second day out
the captain did his noon time report and we were in 20 foot swells. Even
the crew was sick. The wind was so bad they had all the deck 10 chairs
stacked and tied down. I was up on Deck 9 Lido Deck and the wind was
awesome. It wasn't until the third day I stopped picking things up off
the floor of the cabin that were thrown off the counters. We did the
eastern Caribbean route. After the 3rd day we had calmer waters.

Hi Rick,
You must have really run into Olga...our captain did a great job trying to
steer his course around her.
How did you like the Carnival Liberty? Our Liberty of the Seas was
fabulous! Some weird art here and there but otherwise she is a beauty! The
Christmas decorations were awesome.
Are you coming on the GGC2008 next month? We have not cruised with you
since the Conquest in New Orleans...that has been too long!.. 2004 wasn't
it?

--Jean

Old December 20th, 2007, 03:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message

I like barf bags....they are helpful to take extra desserts back to the
room.....

Jeff -- has never missed a meal in high seas!

This I don't believe, Jeff...you are too skinny!

--Jean ;-)

I believe him. When I was Jeff's age, I was also just as skinny.

Ermalee ---but no more :-(

Old December 20th, 2007, 01:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

Hi Jean, The Captain kept about 200 miles away from Olga. When we
docked in San Juan (first port) I would say only about 75-100 people
showed up for dinner in the Silver Olympian. A lot of people got sick.
We had such a good time with the waiters and busboy that night. I loved
the Liberty and everything about it. I loved our cabins being right on
Lido deck. I would sail her again anytime. I will not be doing the
GGC. To be honest I really wasn't in the mood to do the Liberty. My
father passed away just a little more than 1 week before sailing. I
was thinking about not going on the cruise at all but everyone in my
family told me I should. It did help to get away but I honestly wasn't
in my normal cruise frame of mind. I kept it very low key and quiet.
Which I now know it is very possible to have a quiet, relaxing, peaceful
time on a Carnival Fun Ship if you so desire. Its not all singing and
dancing "In the morning, in the evening, ain't we got fun". Lots of
quiet places if you desire.