WHOO HOO!!!!

Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

Default WHOO HOO!!!! GGC2008 Adventure of the Seas

"Becca" wrote in message
Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Santa came to our house early and delivered the docs for George Leppla's
GGC2008 on the Adventure of the Seas on Jan.20th ...and there were other
goodies in that big box! Thanks George!

--Jean

Jean, it will be so nice to see you and Ed again. I am looking forward to
watching him walk on that new knee. Don't tell him I mentioned it, I do
not want him to be self conscious.

It's been along time since we have seen you and George, Becca! Ed walks very
well...he says he now does not even realize the difference between the two
knees...at first he was discouraged, but I think he expected too much too
soon...Now he is very glad that he had it replaced. Of course, he will
show off his scar to everyone! ;-)

See you in San Juan in 28 days! Merry Christmas!

--Jean

Old December 22nd, 2007, 01:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

ANSWERED IN LINE:
"George Leppla" wrote in message
You re welcome... and it seems that people from coast to coast are now
doing the GGC2008 Document Dance. Hat's off to the USPS for getting most
of these packages delivered in 2 days... in the absolute height of the
Christmas rush.

I was surprised at the one day delivery especially with all the Christmas
packages and cards being mailed.

FWIW - the GGC2008 is 68 people strong which is incredible for a group
leaving from San Juan.

That makes for a lot of old and new faces!

snipped

Of course, everyone now has their t-shirts and the other usual goodies. I
think these shirts are among the most striking we have ever had and we'll
make quite a statement as a group on the first full day of the cruise.

We will deinitely be noticed on the ship....Susette and Kerry had us in hot
pink t-shirts that created some attention with people asking where we bought
ours...so no doubt yours will do the same as it is a pretty stand out color,
too!!One thing with all these group cruises, we will never run out of
t-shirts! ;-)

As usual, we will have the group cocktail party with open bar and I have a
special presentation to make during that.

Mary Foster is heading up the Door Decorating contest this year and the
theme is "ADVENTURE". There will be four First Place Winners... and each
will receive $25.

ADVENTURE...It will take some time trying to figure what to use to decorate
a door for that one!

We are still trying to figure out where we will meet the night before the
cruise in San Juan for a Bon Voyage Get-Together or maybe dinner.

The cruise is only 4 weeks from this Sunday... and I can't wait to see you
all again!

27 Days for us, George...we are flying in on the 18th!

--Jean

Old December 22nd, 2007, 02:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
ANSWERED IN LINE:
"George Leppla" wrote in message

You re welcome... and it seems that people from coast to coast are now
doing the GGC2008 Document Dance. Hat's off to the USPS for getting most
of these packages delivered in 2 days... in the absolute height of the
Christmas rush.

I was surprised at the one day delivery especially with all the Christmas
packages and cards being mailed.

FWIW - the GGC2008 is 68 people strong which is incredible for a group
leaving from San Juan.

That makes for a lot of old and new faces!

Watch it Jean!!!

snipped

Of course, everyone now has their t-shirts and the other usual goodies. I
think these shirts are among the most striking we have ever had and we'll
make quite a statement as a group on the first full day of the cruise.

We will deinitely be noticed on the ship....Susette and Kerry had us in hot
pink t-shirts that created some attention with people asking where we bought
ours...so no doubt yours will do the same as it is a pretty stand out color,
too!!One thing with all these group cruises, we will never run out of
t-shirts! ;-)

I'm thinking of getting someone to make a quilt out of my collection.
Joe Keenan, are you listening?

As usual, we will have the group cocktail party with open bar and I have a
special presentation to make during that.

Mary Foster is heading up the Door Decorating contest this year and the
theme is "ADVENTURE". There will be four First Place Winners... and each
will receive $25.

ADVENTURE...It will take some time trying to figure what to use to decorate
a door for that one!

One of my greatest adventures was sailing to London, staying a week
sightseeing in London and Paris, then sailing back to Boston. A very
memorable trip, visiting Europe without flying. But, I don't plan to
put that on a cabin door, LOL

We are still trying to figure out where we will meet the night before the
cruise in San Juan for a Bon Voyage Get-Together or maybe dinner.

The cruise is only 4 weeks from this Sunday... and I can't wait to see you
all again!

27 Days for us, George...we are flying in on the 18th!

And I am hoping, yes hoping, to fly to San Juan on he 17th.

Ermalee
Old December 22nd, 2007, 03:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Ermalee" wrote in message
Jean wrote:
That makes for a lot of old and new faces!

Watch it Jean!!!

I mean old as in familiar...now get back into that warm bed and take care of
that cold!

--Jean ;-)

Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ryan White

Default WHOO HOO!!!!

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:58:23 GMT, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Santa

SAHADDUP !!!!!!!!!!
Old December 24th, 2007, 02:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_2_]

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Talked to Erm this afternoon, Becca, and she is a bit worse than she was
yesterday...but she has Bill bringing her soup and Millie is there fussing
over her...as feisty as she is, she'll whip this cold; hopefully before
Christmas...Didn't keep her down enough from FedExing a box of chocolates
filled with Bailey's Creme Liqueur to me because she does NOT want me any
thinner than she is when we go on the GGC in January! ;-)

--Jean

You and Ermalee are both thin, so a box of chocolates won't hurt either
one of you. A little competition is good, though.g

Enjoy your family, Jean, and have a Merry Christmas.

Becca
Old December 24th, 2007, 03:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Ryan White" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:58:23 GMT, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Santa

SAHADDUP !!!!!!!!!!

What's the matter, Chrissy? No cruises?...no friends? I'll send you to join
yourself and your aliases.
Bye!

--Jean

Old December 24th, 2007, 04:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Becca wrote:
Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Talked to Erm this afternoon, Becca, and she is a bit worse than she
was yesterday...but she has Bill bringing her soup and Millie is there
fussing over her...as feisty as she is, she'll whip this cold;
hopefully before Christmas...Didn't keep her down enough from FedExing
a box of chocolates filled with Bailey's Creme Liqueur to me because
she does NOT want me any thinner than she is when we go on the GGC in
January! ;-)

--Jean

You and Ermalee are both thin, so a box of chocolates won't hurt either
one of you. A little competition is good, though.g

Enjoy your family, Jean, and have a Merry Christmas.

Becca

Thin? I gave up on the dieting and am enjoying the holidays. Our twins
and their families came today and spent the day with us. What a joy!
It was soup day here; Michael made his famous oyster stew, and I made my
also famous (no recipe) turkey corn chowder. In between, we watched
football, the kids played with their new toy (a fun thingee from us) and
we ate lots of cookies, the best fruit cake that I've ever had (a gift
from a good friend, it had lots of coconut in it) and root beer floats.
Tomorrow we have reservations for 12 at a local restaurant for dinner.
Christmas day will be dinner at Millie and Ken's. There will be havoc
around the tree opening more gifts!
So back to the word: Thin! I just keep buying bigger clothes, and
saving the smaller ones "just in case" (I know. It ain't gonna happen).
But Becca, I appreciate the thought. LOL

Ermalee ----heavier than Jean

Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:43:41 GMT, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

What's the matter, Chrissy? No cruises?

I would answer but you have me killfiled.

...no friends?

I would answer but you have me killfiled.

I'll send you to join
yourself and your aliases.