Embarking question

Old January 17th, 2008, 08:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Embarking question

In early December 2007 I boarded the Carnival Liberty in Fort
Lauderdale. The boarding was almost three hours in line. I have
taken several cruises but never left from Fort Lauderdale or had this
problem before. Is this the usual from Florida? If so, I don't want
to leave from there again.
TIA for your help,
Ellie

Old January 17th, 2008, 09:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_2_]

Went on Emerald Princess out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) also in
December (16th). While our line wasn't 3 hours long it did take about 1
hour from entry into the waiting line to actually getting on the ship.

I have taken other cruises out of Pt. Everglades and this was the longest
wait I have experienced out of over 20 cruises total, all lines and all
ports.

IMHO Miami and Cape Canaveral seem to have their acts together better than
Pt. Everglades for passenger accommodations and speeding the passengers
through to the ship.
..

Old January 17th, 2008, 10:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Ellie:
We have not found this to be the usual case for boardingin
FT.LAUDERDALE,only on CARNIVAL LIBERTY in feb.2007,Carnival has a very
bad way of handling boarding practices. Went on
Princess,and it took us only a matter of 15-20 minuets til we were on
board and having lunch on the lido deck.
surfer e 2468

cruise lover

Old January 18th, 2008, 03:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Philip and Heather Johnson

We were on Carnival last year in Feb.out of Ft. Lauderdale. We got to the
port at 11:30 and basically walked right in. There were no lines anywhere.
I checked the time when we sat down for lunch and it was 12:00. We are
going again in March. I'll give you an update :)

Philip visualizing the snow as water.

Old January 18th, 2008, 10:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Duncan Craig

From my recent experiences, there's no predicting. It seems that a lot of
the long delays are caused by the staff "sanitizing" the ship after a cruise
with a lot of flu, Norwalk, etc. before allowing the next group of pax to
board.

Old January 19th, 2008, 12:56 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

Ellie, I boarded the Liberty on Dec. 8, 2007 (8 Day Eastern Caribbean
Sailing)..
When we got to the terminal about 11:30 AM the line was outside the
terminal. I had VIP boarding so I went directly to the Check-In desk.
We had a separate line for security and Check-In. My boarding took
about 10 mins. My nephew and his fiance also went but they were not
VIP. They had to stand in the long line outside the terminal. We
waited for them at the lobby bar just as you walked onto the Liberty.
They boarded about 20 mins after us. I was amazed at how quickly that
line moved and how fast they got aboard. What time did you get to the
terminal?