Mom, baby booted from plane

Old July 12th, 2007, 03:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Duh_OZ

Default Mom, baby booted from plane

Full story:
http://www.wsoctv.com/family/13668816/detail.html

Snip:
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. -- A Georgia mother said she wants answers and
action after she and her baby were kicked off a plane.

Mom, Babbling Baby Booted From Plane

Kate Penland said she was glad to board the plane in Houston to visit
her father in Oklahoma after an 11-hour delay. But she said a rude and
aggressive flight attendant caused her to get to Oklahoma a day late.

Penland thinks her 19-month-old son, Garren, has a bubbly personality.
But Penland said when they were aboard a Continental Express plane, a
flight attendant became annoyed by Garren's personality when he kept
saying three words.

"As we started taxiing, he started saying, 'Bye, bye plane,'" said
Penland. "At the end of her speech, she leaned over the gentleman
beside me and said, 'It's not funny anymore. You need to shut your
baby up.'"

In disbelief, Penland asked the woman if she was kidding. It was then,
Penland said, the flight attendant went too far.

"She then said, 'You know, it's called baby Benadryl.' And I said,
'Well, I'm not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight,'"
Penland said.

Old July 12th, 2007, 06:50 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Darryl

On Jul 12, 9:49 am, Duh_OZ wrote:
In disbelief, Penland asked the woman if she was kidding. It was then,
Penland said, the flight attendant went too far.

"She then said, 'You know, it's called baby Benadryl.' And I said,
'Well, I'm not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight,'"
Penland said.

Post-911, you do not dribble your attitude upon flight attendants,
even if you think they are "rude and aggressive".

"Well, I'm not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight"
is right up there with "No, officer I will NOT step out of the car,
what are you gonna do about it!" in the list of "responses that create
predictable results".

Old July 12th, 2007, 06:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Nobody

Darryl wrote:
Post-911, you do not dribble your attitude upon flight attendants,
even if you think they are "rude and aggressive".

In the soviet era of siberian prison camps and no due-legal-process, you
also never ever argued with anyone of authority.
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Jul 12, 10:49 am, Duh_OZ wrote:
[...]

Fifty bucks say the f.a. was black. Her behavior sounds VERY
negroidy.

Old July 12th, 2007, 10:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air
RBrickston

In article . com,
says...
[...]

Unlike the recent case of the Secret Service agent spilling the water on
purpose and then lying about it, this woman has witnesses.
Old July 14th, 2007, 05:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air
NotABushSupporter

Hilary wrote:
On Jul 12, 9:49 am, Duh_OZ wrote:

In disbelief, Penland asked the woman if she was kidding. It was then,
Penland said, the flight attendant went too far.

"She then said, 'You know, it's called baby Benadryl.' And I said,
'Well, I'm not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight,'"
Penland said.

Post-911, you do not dribble your attitude upon flight attendants,
even if you think they are "rude and aggressive".

"Well, I'm not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight"
is right up there with "No, officer I will NOT step out of the car,
what are you gonna do about it!" in the list of "responses that create
predictable results".

Given that the FA wanted the mother to give her child a sedative - one
which, by the way, sometimes causes children to become hyperactive -
simply for saying 'bye bye'... No, there was no attitude. There WAS a
mother protecting her child, possibly wondering whether this FA would
try to drug her toddler anyway (as another FA did last year).

If the child were throwing a tantrum, or generally being restless and
not settling, the matter might be different. If passengers were
complaining, it might be different. It sounds like the FA was the only
person with a problem, and *she* was the one with the attitude.

Did you base this all on one slanted "news" story?
Old July 14th, 2007, 11:10 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:23:13 -0700, NotABushSupporter
wrote:

Did you base this all on one slanted "news" story?

There have been several different srticles about it.

Old July 15th, 2007, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DaveM

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:23:13 -0700, NotABushSupporter wrote:

Did you base this all on one slanted "news" story?

For education, how can I tell when a news story is a news story and when
it's a "slanted "news" story"?

DaveM
Old July 15th, 2007, 02:26 AM posted to rec.travel.air
ant[_25_]

Duh_OZ wrote:

"She then said, 'You know, it's called baby Benadryl.' And I said,
'Well, I'm not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight,'"
Penland said.

Which is the attitude of most parents with unruly kids on public transport.
I guess they feel we should all experience the misery they go through every
day.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:

Old July 15th, 2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DaveM

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:26:06 +1000, "ant"
wrote:

Duh_OZ wrote:

"She then said, 'You know, it's called baby Benadryl.' And I said,
'Well, I'm not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight,'"
Penland said.

Which is the attitude of most parents with unruly kids on public transport.
I guess they feel we should all experience the misery they go through every
day.

Sadly, it's the attitude of most unruly adults, too. Roll on Brave New World
and Soma, that's all I can say. In the interim I'd just like to point out
I've had more unpleasant flights due to the behaviour of adults than
children.

DaveM