P&O Cruises

Old December 24th, 2007, 09:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Phil M.

Default P&O Cruises

Hi, my wife and I are considering a cruise on the new P&O Ventura which
is due to commence sailings in 2008 out of Southampton. We've cruised
before with Island Cruises and have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

My concern is over the dress code during the evenings as I frankly do
not enjoy trussing myself up in suits and dinner jackets although I will
wear a tie if forced. How strict are P&O on dress code?
--
Regards
Phil
Old December 24th, 2007, 02:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

I can't say how P&O does it but Princess isn't all that fussy about the
dress code. I usually just ware a suit jacket to diner without a tie,
changing immediately after eating into something more comfortable. I'm
assuming P&O is about the same.

Old December 24th, 2007, 09:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:59:17 +0000, "Phil M." wrote:

Hi, my wife and I are considering a cruise on the new P&O Ventura which
is due to commence sailings in 2008 out of Southampton. We've cruised
before with Island Cruises and have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

My concern is over the dress code during the evenings as I frankly do
not enjoy trussing myself up in suits and dinner jackets although I will
wear a tie if forced. How strict are P&O on dress code?

I travelled on the P&O Aurora earlier this year and they do enforce the dress code to some extent. On formal nights it is
permissible to wear a suit instead of the penguin suit. I did see a couple of men refused entry to the restaurant on a formal
night because they weren't wearing jackets. Bar staff are not meant to serve customers who aren't in the correct attire but I
tested that one night by changing into jeans and a shirt. I was served with no problems.

If you want to have a glimpse of life aboard a P&O ship, I threw up a web site about this year's trip:-

http://www.auroracruise.bravehost.com/

Old December 25th, 2007, 11:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 20:04:26 -0500, Ermalee wrote:

http://www.auroracruise.bravehost.com/

What a wonderful presentation. You did a fabulous job. I loved all the
pictures and details.
Thanks for posting this.

Thanks for the compliments.

And Merry Christmas from down under!

Old December 26th, 2007, 06:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Phil M.

In message ,
writes
[...]

What a great site and many thanks for your comments. I am exchanging
emails with P&O and they seem to be saying that the rules are strictly
enforced.

P&O seem to have a greater percentage of "formal" nights than other
cruise lines and their 3 tier system i.e. formal, informal and smart
casual means that at least half the evenings are spent wearing at least
a jacket. I may be unusual but I want freedom on a cruise and consider
"smart casual" as perfectly acceptable attire with a jacket for more
formal occasions. P&O seem to be taking the Michael.
--
Regards
Phil