weight gain

Old December 25th, 2007, 11:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dory Samuels

Default weight gain

Here we are looking forward to and counting down to our cruise on Jan
10th and being very concerned. Due to Thanksgiving and all the various
holiday parties and dinners we have been packing on the pounds. Our New
Year's resolution is to go back to our healthy eating life style AFTER
the cruise......but I think we had better start right now! We must
have lots of company with this same dilemma......I wonder what others
do.

~~DORY~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

****

Old December 25th, 2007, 01:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

Dory, My last cruise was very different for me in many many ways. I
promised myself that I wasn't going to go overboard with all the food.
I didn't. In 8 days I had 1 buffet breakfast complete with all the
little pastries I love so much (all others were fruit and yogurt &
coffee), for lunch I had salads and either a meat or pasta, for dinner 1
dinner instead of my usual 2 dinners,2 appetizer, 2 soups & 2 desserts.
I only had 1 slice of pizza and 1 dish of ice cream all week. I took
the stairs instead of using the elevator (i always do this). I don't
feel I missed out on anything and I know I did the right thing and
didn't gain any weight. Of course I did my usual over indulgence of
beer drinking. I couldn't break all my bad habits at once.

Old December 25th, 2007, 02:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dory Samuels

Thanks Rick......you have all sensible ideas. I always do stairs but
intend to do more in the gym each day. I like your idea of doing the
buffet ONE TIME and enjoying all the delectable items....ONE TIME. That
is the key isn't it? I am also going to play a little game with myself.
For every meal I pass up dessert I will award myself $5.00.......which
I can spend at the penny slots. Not being a gambler I still get twinges
of guilt so this would be a win/win for me even if I walk away with
nothing. I will also weigh each day on the cruise. This works for me.

~~DORY~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

****

Old December 25th, 2007, 03:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Dory Samuels wrote:

Thanks Rick......you have all sensible ideas. I always do stairs but
intend to do more in the gym each day. I like your idea of doing the
buffet ONE TIME and enjoying all the delectable items....ONE TIME. That
is the key isn't it? I am also going to play a little game with myself.
For every meal I pass up dessert I will award myself $5.00.......which
I can spend at the penny slots. Not being a gambler I still get twinges
of guilt so this would be a win/win for me even if I walk away with
nothing. I will also weigh each day on the cruise. This works for me.

~~DORY~~
________ / /___/ /___/ /_________
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The best way (and maybe the only way for me) would be to leave the
dining room before the dessert menu is presented.

Ermalee
Old December 25th, 2007, 04:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

I did have dessert some nights. But I only ate half. I felt that was a
good compromise also.

Old December 25th, 2007, 04:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
shaz

A surefire thing I always do while watching my weight on a cruise, is
ALWAYS use the stairs before dinner. All morning, all day, no matter
what. Then, while dressed for dinner, and afterwards for night life,
then the elevators are permitted. But, you MUST stick to this if you
are fit enough for this situation. You would be surprised at how many
flights you will end up taking. Last cruise I didn't gain a thing, and
I ate alot. I didn't pig out, but I ate much more than I usually
would.
PS - I didnt use the gym at all.

SHAZ
53 days till Liberty
Old December 25th, 2007, 05:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

Hey Shaz!
sounds exactly like my plan. Don't go near the gym but always use the
stairs, even after dinner. other than when I need to go from 4 to 12 or
something!
Last cruise I was good, didnt' get multiples.
Will try Rick's method, salads etc for breakfast and lunch
sheree

Old December 25th, 2007, 05:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
shaz

Hey Sheree!!

Are you guys still going on your NCL cruise from Miami in Feb.?

We sucked it nupn and payed over $1000 for airfare that week. UGH

SHAZ
Old December 25th, 2007, 11:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BrianK

On 12/25/2007 6:59 AM Dory Samuels did the "neutron dance", then made
these writings:
Here we are looking forward to and counting down to our cruise on Jan
10th and being very concerned. Due to Thanksgiving and all the various
holiday parties and dinners we have been packing on the pounds. Our New
Year's resolution is to go back to our healthy eating life style AFTER
the cruise......but I think we had better start right now! We must
have lots of company with this same dilemma......I wonder what others
do.

~~DORY~~
________ / /___/ /___/ /_________
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A) After diner, walk at a crisp pace around the outside promenade deck.
B) Select excursions that involve a lot of walking and stair climbing.
C) Aboard ship always take the stairs and not the elevator. D) Exercise
restraint. There's more calories in those sweet "Boat Drinks" then in
Creme Brule. So limit the concoctions and drink water more. E) Have an
obstacle race along the beach, negative points for bumping or knocking
over fellow cruisers to reach the finish line. F) Swimming burns excess
baggage, swim every chance you can as energetically as possible.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old December 26th, 2007, 12:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marsha[_2_]

BrianK wrote:
D) Exercise restraint.

I like this - restrain your exercise :-)

Marsha/Ohio