Weight limit on NCL Spirit pull down bed

Old January 30th, 2008, 02:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rob Rosenhouse

Default Weight limit on NCL Spirit pull down bed

Does any one know the maximum weight allowed on a pull down bed on the NCL
Spirit? One of our traveling companions may be too heavy.

Thanks,
Rob
Old January 30th, 2008, 02:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

Bob, I suggest you call NCL directly. If you have a concern for a
person over the weight limit you need to keep in mind a ladder is
necessary to climb to get into the bed. Call them directly and get the
"exact" information you need. I would be equally concerned with the
ladder.

Old January 30th, 2008, 09:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gettamulla Tupya

On 30 Jan 2008 13:19:58 GMT, Rob Rosenhouse wrote:

Does any one know the maximum weight allowed on a pull down bed on the NCL
Spirit? One of our traveling companions may be too heavy.

Put the fat person on the lower bunk.

Old January 31st, 2008, 12:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 07:17:14 +1100, Gettamulla Tupya
wrote:

Put the fat person on the lower bunk.

It's possible that the heavier person could climb into the upper while
the smaller person isn't physically able to.

Old January 31st, 2008, 06:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gettamulla Tupya

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:17:36 -0500, Brian wrote:

Put the fat person on the lower bunk.

It's possible that the heavier person could climb into the upper while
the smaller person isn't physically able to.

In that case the fat person could lift the small person into the upper bunk. ;-)

Old January 31st, 2008, 01:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rob Rosenhouse

Gettamulla Tupya wrote in
:

wrote:

Does any one know the maximum weight allowed on a pull down bed on
the NCL Spirit? One of our traveling companions may be too heavy.

Put the fat person on the lower bunk.

The third person is my daughter, and she weighs 230 lbs. I just want to
know if the fold down bed will support someone with her weight.

Rob
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Rob Rosenhouse wrote:

Gettamulla Tupya wrote in
:

wrote:

Does any one know the maximum weight allowed on a pull down bed on
the NCL Spirit? One of our traveling companions may be too heavy.

Put the fat person on the lower bunk.

The third person is my daughter, and she weighs 230 lbs. I just want to
know if the fold down bed will support someone with her weight.

Rob

I couple of posts on Cruise boards seem to suggest it's 250 but
you really should call NCL and ask them for sure. This is not
something you want an incorrect answer on.

Bill
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

She wieghs as much as my cow!
"Rob Rosenhouse" wrote in message
.4...
Gettamulla Tupya wrote in
:

Old January 31st, 2008, 05:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rob Rosenhouse

"clint" wrote in news:gnmoj.15204$1f.4017
@bignews9.bellsouth.net:

She wieghs as much as my cow!

I know she spells better than you or your cow.

ploink
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie[_2_]

Rob Rosenhouse wrote:

Does any one know the maximum weight allowed on a pull down bed on the NCL
Spirit? One of our traveling companions may be too heavy.

Thanks,
Rob

Dear Rob,
For what it is worth, the usual design limit
for the "pull down upper bunk" is 300 pounds. The
ladder that is provided has rather small rungs, so
it can be a bit painful to use it when getting up
into the bunk.
Depending on the cabin arrangement, the
ladder may end up right next to one of the beds,
making getting up on the ladder without stepping
on the bed almost impossible. Getting down during
the night to answer the "Call of Nature" can be
really exciting. Practice it once or twice with
the lights on!
The bunk is relatively comfortable for a kid;
as an adult I found it was barely adequate - my
feet hung over the end, but much better than the
darn roll-away bed that was offered instead.
Have a fun cruise,
John in LALALand