Chicago-London-Delhi travel, one tricky consideration

Old July 28th, 2006, 10:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air,soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.british,rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.europe
Alohacyberian

Default Chicago-London-Delhi travel, one tricky consideration

"Király" wrote in message
In rec.travel.europe Alohacyberian wrote:
Personally, I'd phone BA tickets and reservations and let them book the
entire trip. It will probably end up costing less than a travel agent
will
arrange.

I would advise the opposite; a good travel agent might be able to
undercut the very lowest fare that an airline can offer you for an
international flight.

Then why didn't you provide him with the name and number of a "good" travel
agent who would undercut the lowest fare offered by airlines? Or would you
rather have him accept the urban legend that travel agents can get better
fares than he can? KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI or

Old July 29th, 2006, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air,soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.british,rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.europe
Miguel Cruz

"Alohacyberian" wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
Just because you are a travel agent, doesn't mean you always get
the best fares. I consistently beat their best offers.

That's not because of commissions. It's because you have a bad travel
agent.

I've never had a travel agent, so what are you talking about? Inventing
something out of thin air, falsely attributing your creation to me and then
arguing against the contrivance of your imagination?

Either you've consulted a travel agent or you haven't. If you haven't,
then you haven't had the opportunity to "consistently beat their best
offers".

If you're interested in a debate over what it means to "have" a travel
agent, you've come to the wrong place.

--
Photos from 40 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Latest photos: Malaysia; Thailand; Singapore; Spain; Morocco
Old July 29th, 2006, 03:05 AM posted to rec.travel.air,soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.british,rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.europe
Miguel Cruz

"Alohacyberian" wrote:
So sorry about that Miguel. I didn't realize that I was supposed to post
things that meet your approval. What brings you to mind is that you were
born in a third world country, went to Europe to seek your fortune, realized
that things were so much better in America, so you came to the U.S.A. and
have ever since done your utmost to trash and bash the country that you
chose over the European utopia and the wretched poverty of your own country.
Some say that ingratitude is the only unforgivable sin. I await with bated
breath your next vicious attack on America. And I won't hold my breath
waiting for your announcement that you have found a better country in which
to live. You won't. You can't.

While I don't see anything wrong with someone moving to a new country
and yet finding things to complain about, in my case I was born in the
USA and haven't lived there for years. So you'll have to come up with a
new mythological treatment for me if you want to maintain plausibility.

Meanwhile, I've never attacked America. I have lamented some decisions
and behavior of the current administration, as I'm sure you did during
the previous one and will again during the next one.

miguel