Airfare Philly to New Orleans....

Old May 20th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Airfare Philly to New Orleans....

HDawson228 wrote:

AirTram Airlines just announced a new sale. Check their website.

Thanks, just checked their website and they don't do any non stop
flights. Also if we want an assigned seat, the price is not that much
below usair.

sue

Old May 20th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Thu, 20 May 2004 10:20:26 -0400, Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

Thanks, just checked their website and they don't do any non stop
flights. Also if we want an assigned seat, the price is not that much
below usair.

Hi Sue,

You might want to do a little research on their financial situation
before you commit to a ticket that far in advance. FWIW, I would not
book and pay for multiple tickets with them for this far in advance.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old May 20th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

wrote:

Thanks, just checked their website and they don't do any non stop
flights. Also if we want an assigned seat, the price is not that much
below usair.

Hi Sue,

You might want to do a little research on their financial situation
before you commit to a ticket that far in advance. FWIW, I would not
book and pay for multiple tickets with them for this far in advance.

Ray,

Are you talking about AirTran, USAir or both?

sue

Old May 20th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Thu, 20 May 2004 11:15:26 -0400, Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

Are you talking about AirTran, USAir or both?

Hi Sue,

I was speaking of US Airways aka USAir.

Old May 20th, 2004, 04:40 PM
HDawson228

Sue with AirTran you can do checkin, seat selection up to 24 hours before
flight time online and print your boarding pass.
Old May 20th, 2004, 04:43 PM
HDawson228

Sue Ray was speaking only of USAir who is probably heading back into bankruptcy
with a very uncertain future. AirTran has been profitable for 8 consecutive
quarters and has 110 new Boeing airplanes on order. Also Travel Guard will not
cover USAir if they should go under.
Old May 20th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

HDawson228 wrote:
Sue with AirTran you can do checkin, seat selection up to 24 hours before
flight time online and print your boarding pass.

Good to know for future use, but we won't be using them for New Orleans.
Kevin and I both insist on nonstop flight if they are available.

sue

Old May 20th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

HDawson228 wrote:

Also Travel Guard will not
cover USAir if they should go under.

I have my Travel Guard policy in front of me and it doesn't list USAir
under "no financial default coverage". It does list "United Airlines and
all of its subsidiaries". My two choices for a nonstop flight are United
or USAir.

sue

Old May 20th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Mike Cordelli

If all you were concerned about was Bankruptcy, then that's fine, but if
they are forced to cut back flights or change their schedules and your
flight is one of the ones it happens to, then you may not be covered.

Not that either is a great choice for long term travel plans at this time.