Things to do in Paris?

Old July 25th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Bobby

Default Things to do in Paris?

Can anyone recommend activities that my wife and I can do in Paris? We've
been once before and did the most common things (e.g. Eiffel Tower, Louvre,
Museum of Sex etc.). So I'm looking of things that are not quite so obvious.
We're both in our Forties so clubbing is out.

Cheers.

Bobby

Old July 25th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Unless your first visit was for a month you'll have no problem. For
museums look up the museum & monument card. It may not be worth the
money but it will give you a list of interesting places to consider.

If you're there in the summer go to Giverny and visit the gardens.

Old July 25th, 2004, 09:15 PM
NoNameAtAll

Here's my own travel log of my favorite things to do in Paris:
http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/71f79/18308/
Old July 26th, 2004, 12:13 AM
poldy

In article , "Bobby"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend activities that my wife and I can do in Paris? We've
been once before and did the most common things (e.g. Eiffel Tower, Louvre,
Museum of Sex etc.). So I'm looking of things that are not quite so obvious.
We're both in our Forties so clubbing is out.

It doesn't sound like you were that wowed by your previous trip. If you
can't think of things to do, why go? Why not elsewhere?
Old July 26th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Mark Fagan

There are so many things to do we can't begin to cover them. Get a decent
guide book. And just walk and get to know the city.

Old July 26th, 2004, 09:40 AM
alain K.

Hi, since your last visit, there are some changes in our city:
- Paris plage (Paris beaches) on the rever Seine banks :
http://www.parisrama.com/thematiques...pplage2003.htm

- some areas of Paris are not allowed to vehicules on sundays, only to
pedestrians : Maris, Sentier, Montmartre.

- At the Louvres and Orsay museums, you have a lot to see.

Enjoy your stay

Alain

PS : have you ever thought of D.Day beaches in Normandy?????

Old July 26th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Daisy

I've been to Paris a number of times now and on one occasion for 10
days. In a nutshell, if you only have (say) 3 days, these would be my
picks:

The Tour Eiffel - go to the top and absorb the view.

Montmarte - go up by Metro and then wander around
and walk down to Place Pigale. Eat lunch in Montmarte.

Take a Bateau Mouche - and simply do Paris on the Seine.

If you are into art go to the Musee d'Orsay - don't attempt
the Louvre unless you have some extra time - it just isn't
worth hurrying. Musee d'Orsay is a day thing - and the
restaurant there is worth a visit!

Try to see St Chapelle - in the precinct of the Palais de
Justice, situated in the Ile de la Vite - quite close to
Notre Dame - the stained glass windows are unforgettable.

In summer eat in the area of Saint Michel - good food, good music,
great ambience and not expensive!

If you like the girlie shows or whatever, then you have to give up
something else - but anything in Paris is worth it. It's a wonderful
city with fantastic people and great food!

Daisy

Old July 26th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Ronald Hands

The Toronto Globe and Mail had a nice little travel story on
Saturday exploring some of the nooks and crannies and attractions
of the Saint-Sulpice area of Paris. Certainly made me want to go
there and just wander around. Perhaps other will feel the same:
(might require some cut and pasting)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040724/PARISS24//?query=shabby-chic+Saint-Sulpice

-- Ron