Itinerary: Please Comment

Old June 3rd, 2005, 05:24 AM
Citizen Ted

Default Itinerary: Please Comment

OK. Here's my plan.

Just got a ticket SEA-VIE (ObHowMuch: $1100). I arrive SEP 15, fly
home SEP 29. I will meet my friend Mike, who will have a TransSport
for us to road trip. Mike is from Munich, now lives in Vienna. We
agree that visiting smaller cities is good and that large expensive
cities should be enjoyed frugally. ObAdmission: no, we're not gay.
We're just road trip buddies. So STFU.

Anyway, we agreed that over the next few months we will iron out an
itinerary. In general, we will spend a few days in Vienna, then
Bratislava, Prague, Munich, Innsbruck, Vienna, with stops in between.
This is his tentative, rushed itinerary, from a guy who has driven
around the area a zillion times on business:

VIE-Bratislava-Prag-Znaim-Steyr-Grossglockner?-Munich-Innsbruck-Meran-
Maniago-San Daniele-Hochosterwitz-Riegersburg-Neusiedler See-VIE

What we want: affordable lodging, nice vistas, city tourism, weird
attractions and alpine air, but without the extensive hiking, as he is
less than physically optimal.

He inferred that I may be able to do a mountain hike by starting
early, and he can meet me at the apex of a tram ride. Cool!

My questions for the group:

What do you think of his itinerary?

Are there any mountains where it's feasible for me to get in a robust
day hike while he meets me at the tram end?

Any itinerary adjustments you would make?

Thank you, o' central European travelers.

Heil Catlitter!

- TR

Old June 3rd, 2005, 05:34 AM
Gregory Morrow

Citizen Ted wrote:

What do you think of his itinerary?

Can't you include Alpharetta GA in yer itinerary, Ted...???

--
Best
Greg ;-p

Old June 4th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Citizen Ted

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 04:34:42 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote:

Citizen Ted wrote:

What do you think of his itinerary?

Can't you include Alpharetta GA in yer itinerary, Ted...???

Georgia? Isn't that some kind of penal colony just east of Alabama?

- TR
- as far from Georgia as mainland US geography will allow.