Train reservation

Old June 3rd, 2005, 05:24 PM
dolphinhk

Default Train reservation

Hi,

I have made my plan to Central Europe end of this month but I found
that some of my journey on the train will require reservation. Can
anyone have experience that how many day in advance to do the
reservation? How much does it cost?

Like ...
Budapest - Bratislava - Budapest EC174 / EC171 (R)
Budapest - Krakow D538(night train)-how much of sleeping car(R)
Krakow - Warsaw EX3510 (R)
Warsaw - Wroclaw EX1609 (R)

Since I haven't buy the European-east-pass ... can I make reservation
when I buy it? Is it worth to buy first class pass????

Thanks a lot!

Old June 5th, 2005, 02:39 PM
pimkiee

hi

Hi,

I have made my plan to Central Europe end of this month but I found
that some of my journey on the train will require reservation. Can
anyone have experience that how many day in advance to do the
reservation? How much does it cost?

so in Poland for EX, IC (InterCity) and EC (EuroCity) train you need to
have a reservation - it just means that you reserve a seat on the train.
But usually there is no need to do this much in advance - you buy your
seat reservation along with train ticket. If it's a holiday season then
it might be not a bad idea to buy ticket earlier than 15 minutes before
departure...

Like ...
Budapest - Bratislava - Budapest EC174 / EC171 (R)
Budapest - Krakow D538(night train)-how much of sleeping car(R)
Krakow - Warsaw EX3510 (R)
Warsaw - Wroclaw EX1609 (R)

I don't know exact prices.. Trains from Krakow to Warsaw are very
frequent - every 1 or 2 hours. If you want I can find out what the
prices in Poland are.

Since I haven't buy the European-east-pass ... can I make reservation
when I buy it? Is it worth to buy first class pass????

I guess you buy the pass and then reserve seats on particular train but
I don't know exactly how it works..

regards,

Maciek