Day trips in Bangkok

Old April 11th, 2004, 05:33 PM
michael

Default Day trips in Bangkok

Lindsay wrote:
Isn't Bridge on the River Kwai a famous classic American movie? I have
very vague memories of seeing it as a kid. My Grandfather recommended
I watch it before going to Thailand. Maybe the movie is worth seeing
before visiting the bridge?

Lindsay

yes (british/american...what's the dif?)... and be sure to learn how to
whistle the theme song... whistling that as you walk out onto the bridge
will no doubt be a cultural highlight of your trip to thailand... also,
you can learn to speak like an aussie if you hang around there long
enough...crack two!!!

michael

Old April 11th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Markku Grönroos

"michael" wrote in message

Lindsay wrote:
Isn't Bridge on the River Kwai a famous classic American movie? I have
very vague memories of seeing it as a kid. My Grandfather recommended
I watch it before going to Thailand. Maybe the movie is worth seeing
before visiting the bridge?

Lindsay

yes (british/american...what's the dif?)... and be sure to learn how to
whistle the theme song... whistling that as you walk out onto the bridge
will no doubt be a cultural highlight of your trip to thailand... also,

What's the name of the song ?

Old April 11th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Stuart Hofmann

"Markku Grönroos" wrote:

What's the name of the song ?

Colonel Bogey March

Old April 11th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Stuart Hofmann" wrote in message
"Markku Grönroos" wrote:

What's the name of the song ?

Colonel Bogey March

That's how I have learnt it too.

Old April 11th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Spehro Pefhany

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:39:22 +0300, the renowned "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"michael" wrote in message

Lindsay wrote:
Isn't Bridge on the River Kwai a famous classic American movie? I have
very vague memories of seeing it as a kid. My Grandfather recommended
I watch it before going to Thailand. Maybe the movie is worth seeing
before visiting the bridge?

Lindsay

yes (british/american...what's the dif?)... and be sure to learn how to
whistle the theme song... whistling that as you walk out onto the bridge
will no doubt be a cultural highlight of your trip to thailand... also,

What's the name of the song ?

"Colonel Bogey March"

http://www.kendormusic.com/str2003/9002.htm

Perhaps you'd like to add make it your ring tone:
http://www.customvmail.com/ringtonepreviews2/52461.mp3

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Old April 11th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Stuart Hofmann

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

"Colonel Bogey March"

http://www.kendormusic.com/str2003/9002.htm

Perhaps you'd like to add make it your ring tone:
http://www.customvmail.com/ringtonepreviews2/52461.mp3

Also known as -- caution: ohrwurm -- "Winners Warm up with Malt-O-Meal." A
travesty not quite so bad as Rival Dog Food's jingle set to the tune of the Blue
Danube Waltz.

Old April 11th, 2004, 09:08 PM
michael

Stuart Hofmann wrote:
Spehro Pefhany wrote:

"Colonel Bogey March"

http://www.kendormusic.com/str2003/9002.htm

Perhaps you'd like to add make it your ring tone:
http://www.customvmail.com/ringtonepreviews2/52461.mp3

Also known as -- caution: ohrwurm -- "Winners Warm up with Malt-O-Meal." A
travesty not quite so bad as Rival Dog Food's jingle set to the tune of the Blue
Danube Waltz.

oh yeah? here's an even more insidious ohrwurm to worry about:

morris, what have you done to me?
morris, you'll have to marry me.
morris, we'll call him boris,
then there'll be boris and morris and me!

michael