Melbourne-Adelaide (Kangaroo Island)

Old February 16th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Piper

Default Melbourne-Adelaide (Kangaroo Island)

Hi,I wanna see Kangaroo Island when I'll be there...so..which is the
cheapest way to get there from Melbourne? Bus? It takes several hours,but I
thing I can do it!! Any tours available on Kangaroo Island? For a couple of
days...any suggestions will be very appreciated!

Thanks a lot
Veronica

Old February 16th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Terry Russell

"Piper" wrote in message
Hi,I wanna see Kangaroo Island when I'll be there...so..which is the
cheapest way to get there from Melbourne? Bus? It takes several hours,but

thing I can do it!! Any tours available on Kangaroo Island? For a couple

of
days...any suggestions will be very appreciated!

Thanks a lot
Veronica

It depends how you weight time/value/quality.
given that 1 hour on a bus = 6.66' hours real time
and 1000km @ 100km/hr = ??

air fares are cheaper if booked days ahead or by agent package
http://www.virginblue.com.au/

http://www.southaustralia.com/home.asp
http://www.southaustralia.com/transport.asp

http://tinyurl.com/2nd5y
or others at http://www.google.com.au/

Old February 17th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Bego Mario Garde

Piper wrote:
Hi,I wanna see Kangaroo Island when I'll be there...

My wife Stefanie and I visited KI in November 2002 and had a great time
on the island.

so..which is the cheapest way to get there from Melbourne? Bus?

Nah, take a virgin blue flight to Adelaide. Even Qantas has cheap rates
available over the net. The take the sealink-bus and ferry to KI.
(http://www.sealink.com.au/) Stefanie got a little seasick on the
ferry. Women ... Pah ... :-)

Any tours available on Kangaroo Island?

Oh well, they have a pinguin parade and pelican feeding. :-)

Not quite what you are looking for? We took a rental car, went to the
national park visitor centre and booked two nights at the "campground".
(Uhm, only a rectangle of stones to mark a place for your vehicle, a
simple toilet and a water tank. No other "facilities", but lots of
nature!) We had a wonderful time with possums and wallabies which
"visited" us frequently. Imagine - we got up early and I started to wash
myself as I heard a "hop-hop-hop"-sound getting closer: Five or six
wallabies on their way to work. :-)

Oh, I should mention: At the beach they have signs which say "Freak
Waves". Believe me - they mean it! You walk across the beach, don't care
to much about that sign, and - wooshhh - comes a wave that tears you
away. Frightening!

For more information on KI, have a look at the nice website
http://www.tourkangarooisland.com.au/ki-tourism.htm

For a couple of days...any suggestions will be very appreciated!

Just another idea: We spend some days at Wilson Promontory, about 350 km
south of Melbourne. If you carry a tent and sleeping bag you can hike
through wonderful nature there, too. No possums, but wombats, kangaroos,
emus - and I nearly stepped on a brown snake. (I'm still not quite sure,
who got more frightened - the snake or I?) Landscape is absolutely
marvelous. www.airportrentacar.com.au offers rather cheap "rent-a-dent".

Bego
Old February 17th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Nara

Originally posted by Piper
Hi,I wanna see Kangaroo

Island when I'll be there...so..which is the
cheapest way to get there

from Melbourne? Bus? It takes several hours,but I
thing I can do it!!

Any tours available on Kangaroo Island? For a couple of
days...any

suggestions will be very appreciated!

Thanks a lot
Veronica

Hi,

the first time I went to KI I bought a package which
included ferry, 2 nights' accommodation, and two tours which were
operated by Sealink http://www.sealink.com.au/ The tours
covered a lot of the island in a large a/c coach.

The next time I went
we took a hire car. Unfortunately the people as was with didn't want to
see a bl**dy thing. Sorry, must try and forget how annoyed that made me.

Have fun it's beautiful :-)