Turn any trip into a diving vacation!!

Old October 5th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Catherine Milton

I've never been involved in cruises, but it's something I can certainly
find
out about.

Swell. Just what we needed, a TA in rec.travel.cruises never been
involved in cruises.

snip
The only flies buzzing around her ointment (other than your sig
greater than the customarily allowable 4 lines) may be something
like:

Who in the right mind would want cruising advice from an African
agent, who has never cruised or been involved with cruising,
by calling from the USA (or Canada, or Brit, or ...) an
African phone number for this TA?

I am sure you'll be receiving many phone calls from LOL O'Boyle!
LOL! (a different one).

In reality, I think your post self-destructs, in 5 minutes. :-)

Dear Bob,

I'm sorry I couldn't satisfy you. When I hit respond I didn't think to
remove the one that said 'travel cruises'. And just because I haven't dealt
with them doesn't mean I won't. And just because my phone number is there
doesn't mean anyone needs to phone it.

My sig is my usual sig, and so far you are the only one who has ever
complained that it's too long, or that it contains my phone number. When
people spend money they like to know who they're spending it with, and a
phone number allows a certain amount of security.

I think you are nit-picking, in order to get yourself heard.

For those on the scuba group, I have been asked to set up a scuba tour of
South Africa, including Sodwana Bay, so if you're interested, you may want
to contact me. :-)

Catherine Milton
==Not nuts, just a little eccentric==
www.africanbush.co.za
African Bush Tours and Safaris
P O Box 232, Rouxville, 9958, South Africa
Tel (+27) 051 663-0170 or Mobile (+27) 082 490-5485

Old October 5th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Reef Fish

Catherine Milton wrote:
[...]

I understood all of that, which was why I thought your post was
self-destruct, which appeared in rec.travel.cruises (of 99%
non-Africans, and that's not counting Da Parrot Chick (aka Skip)
as an "African", as the famous MARTA in Atlanta is often said
to be the acronym for "Moving Africans Right Through Atlanta). :-/

My sig is my usual sig, and so far you are the only one who has ever
complained that it's too long, or that it contains my phone number. When
people spend money they like to know who they're spending it with, and a
phone number allows a certain amount of security.

I don't complain about sigs, even some that are 12 lines long,

I merely made the observation of what Ms O'Boyle suggested to you
on how you can beat the "spam loophole", with reference to hh's
post which stated 4-lines as one of the usually admissible
limit for real discussants. That was what MY "four line"
reference was about.

I think you are nit-picking, in order to get yourself heard.

In your case, it was a humongous nit. I don't care whether
I am heard or not. That's why I couldn't less who puts my in
their killfiles. I write what I feel like writing, for the
groups in which I participate.

For those on the scuba group, I have been asked to set up a scuba tour of
South Africa, including Sodwana Bay, so if you're interested, you may want
to contact me. :-)

I'll be taking only 7 cruises this year (because my wife was
sick and we had to stay home for her chomo treatment, for
six months). But we've had our 5th cruise of this year last
week, and our next 2 in Nov will have diving ports of call in
them. I may even take a cruise which stops in African ports
enroute to more interesting locations. :-)

Thanks for your offer. But no thanks.

Catherine Milton
==Not nuts, just a little eccentric==

But do you know the role eccentricity plays in parabolas,
hyperbolas, and ellipses? And have you ever spend an
vacation in a nutshell?

-- Reef Fish Bob.