Help Sponser A Cross Country Drive to Las Vegas

Old June 24th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Bob Ward

Default Help Sponser A Cross Country Drive to Las Vegas

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:32:45 GMT, "Lou Krieger"
wrote:

Chloe, just to belabor things a bit, you neglected to point out that when
Steve wrote, "A little careless typing thats all," he neglected a comma that
belongs between "typing" and "that's."
_____
Lou Krieger

While you are picking nits, and top-posting to boot, he also
misspelled "misspelled" as "mis-spelled"
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:40 AM
D & B

Default Hey Doc! I found something sad!

You have a point.
I apologize.

"tuffmonkey" wrote in message
m...
D&B,

I'm guessing you are a glass is half-empty kind of girl, huh?

What makes me shake my head is that you found the time in your
oh-so-busy, self-indulgent, christian-guilt-ridden day to respond with
such a load of crap. At least Steve's annoying posts were continually
optimistic.

You said - "I work full time, I go to college, I'm a wife, I'm a
homeowner."

My comment - While these statements seem quite impressive in a
sentence fragment, you and I both know these are simply half-truths
strung together for effect. I would venture to guess the following:
You either have a job where you get to do your 'schoolwork' while you
are on the clock or "college" to you means gettin' learned how to make
hair purty 2 nights week at the local cosmetology school. As far as
being a wife, what makes that task difficult? If you are complaining
about being married, perhaps you shouldn't be. Finally, you know you
do not pay all the bills nor the entire mortgage so being a homeowner
to you probably entails doing the dishes once a week and, maybe,
cleaning the ****ters once a month. Your house is a complete mess and
your hubby is probably sick of trying to maintain it while you are out
saving the world.

You said - "Let me put it to you this way, a slow day for me, would
put you in a coma."

My comment - LOL.....LMFAO

You said - "Am I in here begging? No, I am not."

My comment - You said "Hey, have a heart and send ME to Vegas why
don't you?" Enough said.

You said - "I give to those organizations that I feel are in NEED.
Like the daughter of a co-worker, lost all her teeth due to massive
chemo and radiation before she was 3."

My comment - I was reading Forbes the other day and the listed "the
daughter of a co-worker" organization as the 3rd largest non-profit.
It came in right behind the "I'm not a bigot, I know someone who is
black" coalition. Stories of young children dealing with affliction
are truly heartbreaking. But, I'm certain your $25 contribution made
all the difference in the world.

You said - "Or another co-worker, who makes an annual trip to Africa
with a well respected aid organization, I can't remember which one,
and builds school houses and hospitals for her vacation every year."

My comment - Must've been a real whopper of a donation if you can't
remember the name of the organization. Did you write a check or did
you just slip her a few c-notes under the table? Why not just look
thru your cancelled checks and see which organization reaped the
benefits of your $20 tax-deductible dontation.

You said - "For the record, I do have a heart."

My comment - For the record, you may indeed have a heart, but only in
the physical sense. You have NO soul. You have NO spirit. You are
an angry and bitter women. Why? I have no idea. Just from reading
your post, I think you need to reasses your goals in life. Why are
you a full-time employee, college student, wife and homeowner? I get
the feeling that you resent everything you do. You think you are
doing all these great things to make the world a better place for
yourself and everyone you come in contact with. But, all you do is
spew venom and half-truths in a bitter attempt to prove your self
worth. If you can find the time during the day, you should step down
off your soapbox and look in the mirror.

Until then, keep making the world a better place.

tuffmonkey

"D & B" wrote in message

Have a heart?
Have a heart?

Hey, have a heart and send ME to Vegas why don't you?

Holy jumpin...I managed to keep my big pie hole shut until I read that

line.

I want to go to Vegas too buddy. Let me put it to you this way, a slow

day for me,
would put you in a coma. Am I in here begging? No, I am not. I have a

pickle
jar of loose change in an undisclosed location and that's paying for our
freaking trip to Vegas.

For the record, I do have a heart. I give to those organizations that I

feel
are in NEED. Like the daughter of a co-worker, lost all her teeth due to
massive chemo and radiation before she was 3. She had a brain tumour

BTW.
Now that she's nearly old enough for dental implants, it's going to cost
$25,000, and about $20,000 of it will not be covered. They're selling

their
house because they're too proud to go begging for that money. Or another
co-worker, who makes an annual trip to Africa with a well respected aid
organization, I can't remember which one, and builds school houses and
hospitals for her vacation every year.

Good Lord buddy. Have a heart he says. Have a heart. I shake my head.

You're
reading everything I wrote and giggling your silly ass off. You don't

get
it. That's the very sad part.

Hey Doc, I found something sad!

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
Hello again everybody!

Just to address some issues...I know that I mis-spelled "sponsor" in
the subject line...I didn't know that so many people were going to
call me out on it! A little careless typing thats all.

No, I do not own "clickdough.com"...if I did I would have a special
email address like , not a cheesy hotmail
address.

Another thing, the driving distance of 5,000 miles is the round trip
mileage to and from NJ. It's 2,500 miles each way, I calculated the
mileage for both ways.

Have some heart and help send me to Vegas!

Old June 24th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Bill 2

"Chloe" wrote in message
That assumption would be incorrect. All the errors were deliberate. I'm

just
amazed at the amount of commentary that satirical, throwaway post

generated.
Humor really doesn't come across very well on Usenet without some kind of
explicit explanation, does it?

If in doubt use the joke and sarcasm HTML tags.