Memo to Helen Thomas: THE JEWS IN ISRAEL ARE ALREADY HOME and morefallout from her anti semitic tirade

Old June 14th, 2010, 01:09 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe

Default Memo to Helen Thomas: THE JEWS IN ISRAEL ARE ALREADY HOME andmore fallout from her anti semitic tirade

Are you an American, as I assume? Did you live during the Second World War?
What "deprivations, sacrifices and hardships" did the average American on
the home front suffer? Please do tell.

Donna Evleth- -

I was born in 1932 and vividly remember the gold stars hanging from
the windows of many homes including my own when growing up during the
war

The Madame Donna Evleth, laughingly claiming to be a "historian" born
a few years later than me, was either too young or too sheltered to
appreciate the presence and signifigance of those gold stars in the
windows.-

PJ

WWII flag

http://tinyurl.com/4zEvleths165a

gold star= resident/member of armed forces killed in action

silver star= resident/member of armed forces wounded in action

blue star= resident/member of armed forces

It was really sad to walk by as a kid and one day or deliver a
newspaper as I did back then and see a blue star turn to gold on
that flag hanging in the living room window, particularly if you
remembered the designated person

Old June 14th, 2010, 02:06 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
John Rennie

Response to the reported dead ringer for Stan Laurel of Laurel & Hardy
fame wrote:
[...]

Yes I agree it must have been sad. It's a good thing for
Britons that such indications of family loss were not
the rule here. Otherwise the walks to school would have
been horrifying. But then when you spend your nights
in a shelter for nearly a couple of years we didn't need
to be reminded that we were at war. I can still
remember the sound of Fokker wolf engines overhead,
the sound of bombs dropping - granted only a few very
near us and the ceaseless firing of anti-aircraft guns
that were really only a pretence and we knew it. Then
it came to an end - we left the shelters and got used
to comfortable nights in bed. Then quite suddenly London
and its environs (that's us in Romford Essex) became
the first and only area in the world subject to rocket
attacks. First the V1 (not a rocket) and then worst
of all the V2. Von Braun could never understand why
he wasn't welcomed in London after the war.
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe

fame wrote:
[...]

Must have been sad also for you Brits.

Like Zfwench too bad you didn't anticipate the horror of it all to
come before declaring war on Germany in 1939.
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:35 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
John Rennie

fame wrote:
[...]

Of course we anticipated it. We had been bombed in the
first world war - so much so that the horrors of the
second were over stressed. We didn't for instance need
the chaotic evacuations. You're quite right - we shouldn't
have declared war on Germany in 1939, we should have
declared war on Germany in 1938 when they marched into
Czechoslovakia or at least let it be known to Hitler
that we certainly would.
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:47 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Stan Laurel of Laurel & Hardy fame[_2_]

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4zEvleths165e
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:14 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Kangaroo Court Australia

Default The ONLY bad thing about the New World Order is the Crooks runningit, the Universal Declaration for Human Rights must be protected or themillions of lives lost in WWII are for nought

On Jun 13, 10:10*pm, "ODONOVAN, Himself" wrote:
Memo to Helen Thomas: THE JEWS IN ISRAEL ARE ALREADY HOME and more
fallout from her anti semitic tirade

http://preview.tinyurl.com/z164c10

More on the Helen Thomas anti semitic tirade he

http://preview.tinyurl.com/z164d10

Old June 14th, 2010, 03:47 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Saracene

fame wrote:
[...]

My father would not have got together with my mother if it hadn't been
for the war, so I should be grateful to Hitter and all that given I am
pleased to be alive.