Food on Ships - Question?

Old September 14th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Mason Barge

Default Food on Ships - Question?

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:29:24 -0700, "Jordan Zimmerman"
wrote:

I would like to direct a specific question to only those of your who
have actually sailed on the Carnival Spirit, Pride, or Legend as well as
one or more other ships in the Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Princess, or NCL
lines during the past two years.

We've cruised on the Legend of the Seas and the Celebrity Mercury.

In terms of atmosphere, the Legend is brighter and more glamorous than the
Mercury. The Mercury has the feeling of a cozy, warm club whereas the Legend
has the feeling of glitzy ballroom.

In terms of food:

The Legend food was bad to mediocre. It was typical of mass produced,
cafeteria food. Most of it was very basic and bland with a few above average
dishes. This was for dinner. For breakfast and lunch, it was even worse. Of
course, this depends on your palate. I am a "foodie" and like haute cuisine.
Many people, are "meat and potatoes" people and are more interested in
atmosphere and service. If you are the latter, the Legend will be more than
fine for you.

The Mercury dinners were very good to excellent. We were very surprised.
Before the cruise, we'd heard mixed reviews, but the dinners invariably
exceeded our expectations. The plates were always beautifully dressed and
there was always interesting menu choices (cold fruit soups, pates, etc.).
We also preferred the coziness of the Mercury dining room. Lunch and
breakfast on the Mercury weren't as good, but were acceptable (about the
same as on the Legend).

Really good and interesting contrast, Jordan. My tastes are similar
to yours. I enjoy hearing from other people with different outlooks
and we certainly get a wide variety on rtc.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln