Anyone been in a Celebrity Suite

Old September 14th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Joe Stokes

Default Anyone been in a Celebrity Suite

Hi all,

I just booked the 2004 Cruisetour to Alaska on the Celebrity Summit
(Tour starts 7/31, cruise on 8/6). My wife and I are celebrating our
25th Anniversary and decided to go a little extra and booked a
Celebrity Suite. Does anyone have any experience with the CS? It
doesn't have a balcony, instead it has a wall of windows and I'm
wondering if I might be sorry about not having a balcony.

Any info will really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe
Old September 14th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Howard Garland

The CS on this class of ship is very large and lovely but the lack of a
balcony is a drawback. During the past year, we were in a Royal Suite
on the Millenium (awesome) and the Penthouse on the Mercury (absolutely
magnificent). Both were upgrades once on board and you should check
into doing the same.

Howard

Old September 14th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Asya Kamsky

In article ,
Joe Stokes wrote:
Celebrity Suite. Does anyone have any experience with the CS? It
doesn't have a balcony, instead it has a wall of windows and I'm
wondering if I might be sorry about not having a balcony.

It depends on two things:

1) have you cruised before WITH a balcony and
2) do you like cool weather?

We couldn't possible live without a balcony in Alaska having had
one before (and we love cold weather). In the Caribbean we
barely ever went out to the balcony because we don't like the
heat that much. So we mostly stayed in the A/C'ed cabin.
In Alaska we spent every non-sleeping minute in the cabin on
the balcony checking out the scenery.
--
Asya Kamsky

"To forgive is an act of compassion. It is not done because
people deserve it, it's done because they need it." -- Rupert Giles.
Old September 14th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Howard and Eileen Garland

See the concierge after boarding the ship. If a higher category suite
is available, they may let you upgrade by paying a discounted difference.

Howard

Old September 14th, 2003, 10:47 PM
Celeste

"Joe Stokes" wrote in message
Hi all,

I just booked the 2004 Cruisetour to Alaska on the Celebrity Summit
(Tour starts 7/31, cruise on 8/6). My wife and I are celebrating our
25th Anniversary and decided to go a little extra and booked a
Celebrity Suite. Does anyone have any experience with the CS? It
doesn't have a balcony, instead it has a wall of windows and I'm
wondering if I might be sorry about not having a balcony.

Any info will really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

One reason we loved our balcony was the day we were in Glacier Bay it was
cold and rainy outside so the inside viewing areas were packed (the Crow's
Nest, etc.). We escaped to our balcony to get away from the crowds. We
also had very nice weather the rest of the cruise so we could sit and have a
drink on our balcony and watch the whales. I'll never cruise without a
balcony again!

Old September 14th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Tom & Linda

I saw those cabins on Constellation. My recommendation is Thumbs Down.
Switch to a cabin that has a balcony. Even if it's a lower categore,
I'd much rather have the balcony.

-Tom

Old September 14th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Joe Stokes

We've never had a balcony before - and I kinda figured we wouldn't use
it on a cruise to Alaska. The only part I thought would be nice to
have a balcony was at Hubbard Glacier. Friends who've done the cruise
say the sounds from the Glacier are amazing. I figured i could go to
the deck for that.

I'm not sure i can manage paying for the Royal Suite - I guess I'll
have to look into doing an upgrade on ship.

What would you think about a couple that isn't really into cool
weather - I think I'd love the balcony on a caribbean cruise (we just
got back from the Adventure of the Seas in August).

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 17:45:02 -0000, (Asya Kamsky)

Old September 14th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Joe Stokes

Wow - that's a power suggestion. I may have to rethink going down to
the Sky Suite. I just responded back to someone else that we weren't
cold weather people. Now I'm kinda torn - bigger cabin or balcony.

Tnx for the reco.

Joe