Back to Back Cruises

Old August 7th, 2004, 03:22 PM
MrsJamesP

Default Back to Back Cruises

In November my husband and I are going to do back to back cruises on the
Explorer of the Seas. Has anyone here done this on the Explorer of the Seas?
Did you need to go through the check in line for second leg as you do for the
first cruise or can you pre-check in on board? We have the same room for both
cruises.
Also we have been to several of the ports on previous cruises but have never
been to Belize or Costa Maya, any suggestions? I was looking at a tour book on
Belize and it sounds dangerous, did anyone have that impression?

Thanks,
Mary
Old August 7th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Don & Lynn

We have done several back to back cruises on Princess. The first week we
checked in the normal way. The night before the first cruise ended, keys
for the second week were delivered to our cabin with a letter asking us to
turn in our cruise tickets to the front desk at our convenience. It's
interesting that the old keys no longer worked the next day. Between
cruises, we were called "intransit". Unfortunately, the last cruise in
March, we were required to gather with other intransit passengers (there
were 7 of us) and when all of the other passengers had disembarked, then we
had to get off the ship and go through customs. All of our stuff remained in
the cabin. After customs, we had to find our way to the boarding terminal
and they would not let us board until normal boarding began. This was in LA.
We wasted about 2 hours. Otherwise back to back is great. It is always sad
when a cruise ends and you have to pack. Instead, you get a warm felling
all week that you will still be here next week. And you really get to know
the crew. Have a great cruise.
Don

Old August 7th, 2004, 04:03 PM
HoTShoT

How many days? I couldn't handle it. 7 days is enough for me and I'm ready
for something else.

Old August 7th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Don & Lynn

Well, your not addicted like some of us are. Last Sept, we were on the
Coral Princess 7 days Vancouver to Seward, 7 days Seward to Vancouver and 3
days Vancouver to LA and we hated to get off.

Old August 7th, 2004, 07:33 PM
MrsJamesP

Actually each cruise is one week with each week having a different Caribben
itinerary. Since we'll be going to 8 different ports during the two weeks, I
don't think it will be boing!!