Cruise stops in Miami

Old August 31st, 2010, 01:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

Default Cruise stops in Miami

What if anything is worth doing there? Should I just take a
trip to the Everglades?

Clay

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100830-1, 08/30/2010
Tested on: 8/30/2010 8:34:27 PM

Old August 31st, 2010, 01:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:34:26 -0400, frijoli wrote:

What if anything is worth doing there? Should I just take a
trip to the Everglades?

South Beach for topless gals and great food. Vizcaya estate.
Seaplanes. Railroad museum.

South Beach for topless gals and great food.
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
I never have nor ever will solicit or accept a booking.
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:59:33 -0400, "Ari Silverstein, C.T.A."
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:34:26 -0400, frijoli wrote:

What if anything is worth doing there? Should I just take a
trip to the Everglades?

South Beach for topless gals and great food. Vizcaya estate.
Seaplanes. Railroad museum.

South Beach for topless gals and great food.

I have never seen topless women in South Beach. Must be doing
something wrong.
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

wrote:

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:34:26 -0400, frijoli wrote:

What if anything is worth doing there? Should I just take a
trip to the Everglades?

South Beach for topless gals and great food. Vizcaya estate.
Seaplanes. Railroad museum.

South Beach for topless gals and great food.

I have never seen topless women in South Beach. Must be doing
something wrong.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2972ljq

Enjoy!
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:34:26 -0400, frijoli wrote:

What if anything is worth doing there? Should I just take a
trip to the Everglades?

Clay

Depends on how long you have, when you are visiting and what you like
to do.

I don't do beaches but there is South Beach and the Art Deco District
which is in Miami Beach

There's Coconut Grove which is an alternative to South Beach for
nightlife and shopping

There's Bayside Market Place right by the cruise ship piers (in
addition to shopping you can take a Miami River cruise) and the Miami
downtown which has a bayfront park and Freedom Tower and you can take
a gambling cruise or a tour on a 'pirate ship. American Airlines
Arena is there too

There's Little Havana

There is the Seaquarium and the Metro Zoo and Monkey Jungle and Jungle
Island. In Coral Gables is the Fairchild Gardens. You can take a
Duck tour.

There are various museums (Bass Museum, Viscaya, the Deering Estate,
Miami Art Museum,. On Key Biscayne is the Bill Baggs Cape Florida
State Park and the Cape Florida lighthouse which can be climbed and
there are also various water sports there. (fishing, kite surfing etc)

If you have enough time you can go to the Everglades, or down the
Florida Keys. You can even do a one -day tour to Orlando (although I
would not recommend that)

Old September 1st, 2010, 04:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 21:10:59 -0400, frijoli wrote:

wrote:
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:34:26 -0400, frijoli wrote:

What if anything is worth doing there? Should I just take a
trip to the Everglades?

Clay

Depends on how long you have, when you are visiting and what you like
to do.

If you have enough time you can go to the Everglades, or down the
Florida Keys.

How long does it take to do stuff in the everglades?

Clay

There's a tram ride in Shark Valley that I think is about 1 1/2 hours
but of course you have to time it. Sometimes it's necessary to reserve
in advance.
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:35:09 -0400, "Ari Silverstein, C.T.A."
wrote:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2972ljq

Enjoy!

Thanks. G

Maybe we've gone at the wrong time of the year although I would think
the middle of Feb. would be a good time.
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

wrote:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2972ljq

Enjoy!

Thanks. G

Maybe we've gone at the wrong time of the year although I would think
the middle of Feb. would be a good time.

You would think but actually not.

One of the things that happens when you move to South/Southwest
Florida is extremely thin skin. You may laugh about this but it's
true. At 65 degrees I'm in sweat suits. I kid you not.

Our last winter was considered the most severe in decades. It never
got below 40. Considering I have spent winters without coming out of
my shorts...well, you get the idea.