Is the ARTEMIS cruise ship still a rustbucket?

Old August 30th, 2011, 08:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Is the ARTEMIS cruise ship still a rustbucket?

All I can say is that I was on the Royal Princess (now the Artemis) in
2000 and what I saw was:

1. Overflowing toilets

2. Plugged shower drains (overflowing showers)

3. Loose upper deck floorboards (tripping hazzard)

4. Washing machines that leaked- causing 8" of water in the laundry
room: (with no water drain in the floor) a common occurance. The ship
was made in
Finland and some idiot there in charge decided that a laundry room has
no need for a water drain
in the floor. I guess he figured that every maintainance staff in the
future would replace worn out water hoses in the washing machines in a
timely manner! WRONG !!!

5. Leaking rusted water pipes in the ceiling corridors.

6. Food with no flavor.

7. Lint and paper trash (fire hazard) behind the clothes dryers in
laundry rooms.

8. Every two or three days- the smell of sewer gas throughout the
ship!

9. NO LIFEBUOYS ON UPPER 2 DECKS! No floatation devices,
what-so-ever on those decks! If someone fell overboard from the ship
or from another ship while at port- you have to run 400' to either
end
of the ship and dowm 2 flights of stairs to get to a lifebuoy or
anything that might float!

That's is just for starters. I sent photos and horror stories to
the
Coast Guard. Never heard back from them. Princess was and still is the
"McDonalds"
of cruises. Poor maintainance of EVERYTHING on the ship: water
drains,
decks, etc. They don't remove rust from deck rails and other metal
parts on upper decks. THEY JUST PUT WHITE PAINT OVER THE RUST!

I doubt things have improved on the Artemis! They advertised a $10
million refurbish but in my view: "once a rustbucket, always a rust
bucket!" The safety staff, maintainance staff and crew
accomodations officer- totally incompetent in 2000!

I shudder to think that those people are still in charge of other
ships.

The passengers and the rest of the staff were great!