San Juan airport to Pier ?

Old September 14th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Myron Hanch

Default San Juan airport to Pier ?

Is there enough time from San Juan, PR to
the cruise pier if the flight arrives at 10pm
and the ship leaves at 11pm ?

Thanks !

Old September 14th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Charles

In article V%09b.6801$Cu3.4212@edtnps84, Myron Hanch
wrote:

Is there enough time from San Juan, PR to
the cruise pier if the flight arrives at 10pm
and the ship leaves at 11pm ?

It would be a very bad idea to book a 10pm flight arrival for an 11pm
cruise departure from any port.

--
Charles

Old September 15th, 2003, 12:56 AM
Tom & Linda

Absolutely NOT.

Flights to San Juan are VERY often late arriving. The luggage probably
will be at least 30 minutes getting off the plane. It's a 15 minute
ride if there is any traffic at all. And the ship will probably want
you on board and hour before sailing.

The only way that I would consider it is if I had insurance to get me to
the next port - which is what would happen.

What I would suggest is taking the same flight the day before, and
spending 1 night in San Juan and enjoying the local flavor.

--Tom

Old September 15th, 2003, 02:50 AM
Odysseus

I have been on two cruises that left out of San Juan and did that both
times. I boarded the ships early. For one of them, I was the first
passenger aboard.

I had a leisurely afternoon and early evening aboard the ships instead of
spending the time on planes and in airports. I ate cruiseline food
instead of airline food. I had plenty of time to get off the ship and
tour San Juan. All of this was well worth the price of a hotel in San
Juan for one night.

Consider how much you are paying per hour to be on the cruise. Wouldn't
you rather spend the time on a ship than in transit to the ship?

Old September 15th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Al

wrote:

Is there enough time from San Juan, PR to
the cruise pier if the flight arrives at 10pm
and the ship leaves at 11pm ?

If the ship leaves at 10pm, they will probably require you to be on board at
10:30. You will never get there.
Old September 15th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Diane Giambalvo

Is there enough time from San Juan, PR to
the cruise pier if the flight arrives at 10pm
and the ship leaves at 11pm ?

Do not book that flight. You will not have enough time.If already booked, eat
the change fee.
Diane Giambalvo
Travel Consultant
GalaxSea Cruises And Tours
East Brunswick, NJ
1-800-357-9393
http://www.galaxseaeb.com
Old September 16th, 2003, 01:15 AM
Mike Cordelli

I once arrived about midnight for a cruise that was leaving at 11, they held
the ship for the four couples on the plane (the flight was supposed to
arrive in the morning). I would never do it again. Can you make it? There
is a chance if everything falls into place perfectly, if you carry no
luggage with you, if you get a seat right in front of the door they board
through so you don't wait 15 minutes to get off the plane, if you get into a
cab as soon as you leave the airport building, if there is no traffic at
all, and if the plane is about two hours early. Otherwise I would get an
earlier flight or go in the day before.

I'm not even sure insurance would cover you in this situation, as there was
no chance you would make it anyways.

Old September 16th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Myron Hanch

Thanks to everyone who replied... Its not a good thing to
do is arrive in such a short time before the ship leaves !!