Land tours to take in Bermuda

Old September 15th, 2003, 11:28 PM
marc hirschhorn

Default Land tours to take in Bermuda

We are "newbies" on a cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity out of Philadelphia.
We've been to the caribbean on RCCL but this our first time to Bermuda.

What land tours would you recommend in Hamilton and St. George's.

Thanks

Mimi Hirschhorn

Old September 15th, 2003, 11:28 PM
sheree

if it's available the helmet diving with greg hartley is wonderful!

beaches are great there's a lot of interesting things at the dockyard

depends on what interests you

--
Sheree

Old September 16th, 2003, 12:20 AM
Gregory C. Read

One of the things we enjoyed the most in Bermuda, was hiring a cab for 2-3
hours and let the driver show us 'his' country. He'll hit the high lights,
but will probably include some unusual little known places. This is very
cost effective if you can do it with more than two people.

--
Greg
lid

Old September 16th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

marc hirschhorn wrote:

We are "newbies" on a cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity out of Philadelphia.
We've been to the caribbean on RCCL but this our first time to Bermuda.

What land tours would you recommend in Hamilton and St. George's.

There is a lot to do in Bermuda, museums, beaches etc. You can get
around the island on your own, just buy the ferry/bus pass, which you
can use again and again. With very few exceptions, you can tour Bermuda
on your own and do not have to book any excursions. Two of the best
excursions are helmet diving with Greg Harley, which I think you can
book on your own. The other, I was supposed to go on, is the East End
Snorkling excursion, many people here reccommend it hightly. Here are a
few website which will give you lots of information about what is
available to do in Bermuda.

http://www.bermudatourism.com/docs/index2.html

http://www.thisweekinbermuda.com/

http://www.bermuda.com/

sue

Old September 16th, 2003, 02:46 AM
McCormick's

We've been to Bermuda a few times and the only 2 excursions we've done
through the ship were both worthwhile. Both of these were in St. George's.
The first was a horse & buggy ride. Great way to see this historic piece of
Bermuda. The other was called "sunset sail". It was a beautiful evening for
a sail and a gorgeous sunset.

Enjoy what ever you do in Bermuda.

Yvonne in NH

Old September 16th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Howard Garland

If you like beaches at all, be sure to go to horseshoe bay and walk over
beyond the rocks. I guarantee that the experience will be awesome.

Howard

Old September 16th, 2003, 02:00 PM
eddie

Anyone ever try and have any thoughts about the"Wildcat Adventure"
boat ride in Bermuda??

Old September 16th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Duncan Craig

"marc hirschhorn" wrote in message
We are "newbies" on a cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity out of Philadelphia.
We've been to the caribbean on RCCL but this our first time to Bermuda.

What land tours would you recommend in Hamilton and St. George's.

Thanks

Mimi Hirschhorn

The day-pass for the bus and ferry service is a great deal. You can get to
within walking distance of anything on the bus. (It is quite a hike over the
crest from St. George's to the beach for snorkelling, but worth it.) But
walking along the roads can be an adventure, as the walking areas can be
extremely narrow and very close to traffic, so beware!

Old September 16th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Richard Cranswick

Having worked here for the past 4 years I've been on the Wildcat twice. It's
about 2 hours to go around the Island and, depending on the seas, it can
either be a calm but fast ride or a complete white knuckle ride. Either way,
great fun!

Not sure when the Wildcat will be back in the water though after Fabian.