camel ride

Old August 23rd, 2008, 10:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dory Samuels

Default camel ride

We will be stopping in the Canary Island ansd understand we can do a
camel ride. Has anyone done this....comments please.

~~DORY~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

****

Old August 24th, 2008, 11:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gail Koontz

Dory Samuels wrote:

We will be stopping in the Canary Island ansd understand we can do a
camel ride. Has anyone done this....comments please.

I finally talked my reluctant husband into doing it. When the time came it was
raining, and some of the people hadn't even brought rain gear. We were loaded
into the seats, two to a camel, separated by the camel. There was some way to
balance the seats if the people in them were too different in weight. They
neglected to do that for us. The ride wasn't very long - to the top of a
little hill and back - for which my husband was grateful. I thought it was
rather fun (nothing like riding a wet camel in the rain!), but certainly not
one of our best excursions by a long shot.

My best memory of Tenerife is the excursion we took to see the volcanic
scenery at the national park on another trip. It was foggy almost all the way
up, and we could hardly see the sides of the road. We broke out of the clouds
at the top into brilliant sunlight and deep blue skies. I've never forgotten
the contrast between the black volcanic rock and the subtle pastels of the
surrounding sand. If you appreciate desert landscapes, this one is gorgeous.
--
Gail KoontzÂ*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Retired in my home state
836 Mallard Rd.Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*... and loving it!
Old August 24th, 2008, 02:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

When my husband was working in Saudi Arabia, I spent some time in Cairo.
While visiting the pyramids I rode a camel. Not worth it unless you just
want to add it to the things you have done.

~~DORIS~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carnival Legend 9-7-2008
RCCL Grandeur 12-8-2008

Old August 24th, 2008, 05:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dory Samuels

"Not worth it unless you just want to add it to the things you have
done.
~~DORIS~~"

That is kind of what I was thinking. If the price is really, really
cheap I will do it (for the reason mentioned above) otherwise I'll find
something else.

~~DORY~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

****

Old August 24th, 2008, 09:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

DORY
We did the camel ride in the canary islands,and it was a lot of fun,if
you get the chance please do it,you will not regret it. the one camel
right behind us must have been a female,it took a liking to my
husband,and kept nuzzling his shoulder.
We also did the one in egypt,will do it again if we ever get the chance
to go there again.

cruise lover

Old August 25th, 2008, 12:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 8/24/2008 12:01 PM Dory Samuels scrawled...:
"Not worth it unless you just want to add it to the things you have
done.
~~DORIS~~"

That is kind of what I was thinking. If the price is really, really
cheap I will do it (for the reason mentioned above) otherwise I'll find
something else.

~~DORY~~
________ / /___/ /___/ /_________

I wonder if Cairo and other camel using places have a "Camel
Whisperer"? Camels are stubborn, nasty animals that will spit, bite and
kick you if given a chance. Maybe Ceasar Milan should go to Egypt with
his calm-submissive dog pack and do some intensive "whispering" to the
camels. ;-)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera