Britons would vote against EU constitution

Old April 28th, 2004, 08:42 AM
laurent

Default Britons would vote against EU constitution

and this will be the 2050 ranking, according to Goldman Sachs

According to the Goldman Sachs report the rank in 2050 will be like that:

GDP:
1. China (~45,000 $)
2. USA (~35,000 $)
3. India (~28,000 $)
4. Japan (~6,000 $)
5. Brazil (~5,500 $)
6. Russia (~5,500 $)
7. UK (~4,000 $)
8. Germany ( 4,000$)
9. France ( 4,000 $)
10. Italy (4,000 $)

Western Europe (including the UK) will be totally irrelevant
Old April 28th, 2004, 10:25 AM
a.spencer3

laurent wrote in message
om...
and this will be the 2050 ranking, according to Goldman Sachs

According to the Goldman Sachs report the rank in 2050 will be like that:

GDP:
1. China (~45,000 $)
2. USA (~35,000 $)
3. India (~28,000 $)
4. Japan (~6,000 $)
5. Brazil (~5,500 $)
6. Russia (~5,500 $)
7. UK (~4,000 $)
8. Germany ( 4,000$)
9. France ( 4,000 $)
10. Italy (4,000 $)

Western Europe (including the UK) will be totally irrelevant

Just 4th. at least. What's wrong with that?

Surreyman

Old April 28th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Owain

"SimonTemplari" wrote
| ... if the UK drops from Europe it will certainly become completely
| irrelevant to world affairs. ... Blair is looking down the road.

Perhaps Mr Blair has realised that when he loses his job, he may not get in
to an appointed House of Lords, or be elected to an elected House of Lords,
and so he's desperate to ensure a cushy position for himself in the EU
mediocracy for his old age, to be able to pay little Leo's school fees
(being as committed to comprehensive state education as I think he once
claimed).

Owain

Old April 28th, 2004, 04:56 PM
a.spencer3

Owain wrote in message
"SimonTemplari" wrote
| ... if the UK drops from Europe it will certainly become completely
| irrelevant to world affairs. ... Blair is looking down the road.

Perhaps Mr Blair has realised that when he loses his job, he may not get

in
to an appointed House of Lords, or be elected to an elected House of

Lords,
and so he's desperate to ensure a cushy position for himself in the EU
mediocracy for his old age, to be able to pay little Leo's school fees
(being as committed to comprehensive state education as I think he once
claimed).

That's been assumed for many moons in the UK!

Surreyman

Old April 29th, 2004, 09:01 AM
The Reids

Following up to a.spencer3

Western Europe (including the UK) will be totally irrelevant

Just 4th. at least. What's wrong with that?

and who the hell cares anyway? If there was a correlation with
quality of life, that would be different.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso