Seattle/Portland Areas?

Old April 1st, 2004, 12:39 AM
Dwayne

Default Seattle/Portland Areas?

Which city would be best for shopping and a little
sightseeing...Seattle/Tukwila or Portland, Oregon and why?

thanks for any help you can post.
Dwayne

Old April 1st, 2004, 04:31 AM
mimi

"Dwayne" wrote in message
Which city would be best for shopping and a little
sightseeing...Seattle/Tukwila or Portland, Oregon and why?

Downtown Seattle has more and bigger stores than Portland. Skip Tukwila.

I also think there's more to see in Seattle.

Marianne

Old April 1st, 2004, 06:15 AM
Not the Karl Orff

In article REIac.1493$Ig.526@pd7tw2no,
"Dwayne" wrote:

Which city would be best for shopping and a little
sightseeing...Seattle/Tukwila or Portland, Oregon and why?

Portland (& Oregon) has no sales tax.....
Old April 1st, 2004, 11:42 AM
Kay Lancaster

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:39:29 GMT, Dwayne wrote:
Which city would be best for shopping and a little
sightseeing...Seattle/Tukwila or Portland, Oregon and why?

What are you shopping for? If it makes a difference, Seattle has
sales tax. Portland doesn't. What do you want to see?

http://www.thingstodo.com/states/OR/portland.htm
http://www.bootsnall.com/namericatra...pdx/todo.shtml
http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~wuchang/sigc...al/oregon.html
http://www.travelportland.com/event_calendar/
Old April 1st, 2004, 05:48 PM

"Dwayne" wrote:

Which city would be best for shopping and a little
sightseeing...Seattle/Tukwila or Portland, Oregon and why?

Portland (& Oregon) has no sales tax.....

That's quite true, while Seattle's is over 8.5%. (Had to pay for Paul
Allen's football stadium etc.) Even though I am a Seattleite, I think
Portland is a great town for shopping and sightseeing. A compact,
walkable city, great views of the mountains and the Willamette,
beautiful drives out along the Gorge, and don't miss Powell's Books!!!

Old April 2nd, 2004, 02:17 AM
Clare Sleeter

No sales tax in Portland and the inner city bus is free.
Good zoo too and the art museum ain't bad either.

Dwayne wrote:

Which city would be best for shopping and a little
sightseeing...Seattle/Tukwila or Portland, Oregon and why?

thanks for any help you can post.
Dwayne

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

Old April 5th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Gary L. Dare

mimi wrote:

Downtown Seattle has more and bigger stores than Portland.

I also think there's more to see in Seattle.

Seattle will provide more national/famous chains than Portland.
Portland is better for small, local, specialty boutiques.

Portland is better for relaxing after the whirlwind in Seattle.

Seattle has better air connections, especially coming from east of Denver.
Portland is fine if you're coming from a west coast location (it's been
sheer murder trying to get good flights back east from PDX, for me).

gld