Canadian flag on the backback myth

Old June 3rd, 2004, 02:24 AM
David Smith

Default Canadian flag on the backback myth

Xomicron wrote:

Then how do Americans get to determine that the people they are fighting
there are illegal combatants.

The Geneva Convention defines what a legal combatant is.

I realize that, but given that many of them are Afghans, and they were in
their native country and protecting it from an invading force.......

Old June 3rd, 2004, 02:42 AM
Scott Willing

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 00:30:16 +0000 (UTC), Xomicron
wrote:

(sneakysneak) wrote in
om:

Xomicron wrote in message

You may hate us but you're still our bitches.

Your ID handle is from some Futurama episode

No, it isn't, but yours is from a well known homosexual.

When USA is self-sufficient in terms of their
energy demands, yes.

The US has the potential to be, but we prefer to use up everyone else's
oil first.

Don't look now sonny, but you actually used up your *own* first.

And, things have been looking dicey in Saudi Arabia for quite some
time now. That's why Bush is over in Iraq making a lousy show of
ramming democracy down peoples' throats.

If you don't secure a line to some serious oil, your famous military
(not to mention your economy) will grind to a halt.

Bush knows it. Bin Laden knows it.

Until then, no. Remember what
happened in California and their power problems?

That onlt happened because the kook environmentalists opposed the building
of new power plants.

I see the brainwashing was a complete success.

Ever heard of Enron?

Nah, I didn't think so.

-=s
Old June 3rd, 2004, 04:12 AM
Ken Pisichko

Xomicron wrote:

The United States did not lose the Vietnam militarily. They lost it
politically.

Please define your terms before you use them - otherwise NO ONE will
understand you, let alone believe anything you say. But if you are talking to
yourself that is OK. I suppose your medical plan has folks who could help you
if you ask them.

Old June 3rd, 2004, 04:13 AM
Ken Pisichko

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote:

Well, a columnist in my local paper was promoting Gengis Kahn as a role
model.

A role model to represent/model what? Don't leave us dangling with your
incomplete thoughts.

Old June 3rd, 2004, 04:16 AM
Ken Pisichko

Ken Ehrett wrote:

Don't limey homo junk dealers cruise the net for young arab boys and
forget to use a throw away email address for replies? I know its
always safe to travel in your neighborhood since everyone there is too
busy spitting on and abusing you to notice me.

Off your meds again are you?

Old June 3rd, 2004, 04:31 AM
Ken Pisichko

Sjoerd wrote:

The above is pure nonsense of course. The general opinion is that we don't
like the *current US government*. However, most people (unfortunately not
all) are sufficiently intelligent to not paint all Americans with the same
brush. There are nice Americans and not-so-nice Americans just like there
are nice Japanese and not-so-nice Japanese, nice Lithuanians and not-so-nice
Lithuanians, and, indeed, nice Canadians and not-so-nice Canadians.

Sjoerd

You mean we are ALL under the same bell curve! Some ignorant bigots will
angrily dispute that, but it is a pity they don't even know what a bell curve
is. They probably think it is a relic of "The Gong Show".

Old June 3rd, 2004, 07:16 AM
PTRAVEL

Barney wrote in message . 4...
"PTRAVEL" had
:

"Barney" wrote in message
"PTRAVEL" had
:

"Barney" wrote in message
B had
writtennews:ms5rb0hb1907n1jmbdq6bpl9bi3agu8vbn@4ax .com:

Again, how do you extrapolate from that to "most Americans"? I'm
an American, and I don't announce the fact (unless someone asks),
nor do I conduct myself rudely. And my extrapolation, based on
the Americans that I know (which number, I suspect, vastly exceeds
those that you know) is that most Americans are _not_ rude when
they travel.

I traveled extensivly and many times with Americans. Most time I
tried to disassociate myself from them but alas! I worked with
them as well.

And I have traveled extensively, and many times with Americans. I
can count on half the fingers of one hand the number of times I've
seen identifiable American tourists acting badly.

Happily, my experience of Candians and Canada has been far more
welcoming and warm than your rather bigoted and xenophobic manner
would indicate As I said previously, your sig says it all.

Perhaps you may not know if your rude.

Rude people are treated rudely. I have never been, on my travels.

But I do concede. It has been
years I have been in a trade that required world travel. My travels
in the States were very enjoyable and it was as if the same people
were not those I witnessed acting so rudely. Your country may not
refer to waiters as "Hey Boy" anymore.

In the half-century-plus that I have lived in the US, I've never heard
anyone refer to a waiter as "Hey Boy." And, I suspect, neither have
you.

I know it's hard to drop ingrained prejudice, but you really should
try -- you'll be happier for it.

"I'm not into name calling. That's best left to the Morons and
Idiots"

Old June 3rd, 2004, 02:27 PM
devil

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 00:30:15 +0000, Xomicron wrote:

devil wrote in
news
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:25:58 -0500, ANONYMOUSE wrote:

GWB Jr.

who's this "GWB Jr."?

some canadian?

It seems to me, the US is at War against Afghanistan

these united States have not been at war since 1945.

Nice exercise in semantics. The US did not lose a war in Vietnam
because they have decided that technically it was not a war, presumably?

The United States did not lose the Vietnam militarily. They lost it
politically.

More semantics? Should I cite Clausewitz?

Anyway, I suppose in 30 years people will say similar things of the Iraq
folly. Of course one can't win wars that are not winnable. Such as
colonial wars, inclusing both Vietnam and Iraq.