Getting to Port Canaveral

Old September 15th, 2003, 02:13 AM
PattyC

Default Getting to Port Canaveral

Hi All,

Our travel agent suggested that it might serve us better to make our own
flight arrangements for a 2/04 cruise leaving from Port Canaveral. I
understand we fly into Orlando and that it's about 45 minutes to the port.

Any suggestions to make sure things go smoothly and work out well? We can't
go a day early, since a couple of us must work on Friday till 5PM.

Are there limo services that cater to the cruise passengers? Should I be
pushing the travel agent to make the arrangements thru the cruise line? He
told me the cost difference right now would be significant?

Any advice appreciated.

PattyC

Old September 15th, 2003, 02:38 AM
Thomas Smith

Cruise lines sell transfers for around $20 each way per person from Orlando
International Airport to Port Canaveral, even if you aren't on a cruise
line's pre-arranged flights. There are also shuttle companies, but I think
your best bet here is the cruise transfer service.

Tom Smith

Old September 15th, 2003, 02:43 AM
William W. Wright

The cost is $38 from Orlando to Cape Canaveral -- the transportation line
is Mears transportation -- they're huge -- they handle both Canival and
Disney direct and, I'm sure, direct contact from cruisers using other lines

Bill

Old September 15th, 2003, 02:57 AM
RJC128

We rented a car and got a great rate. It was with avis and the shuttle is 10
minutes from the port. You don't have to wait for any drivers or shuttles at
the airport. It is very easy to get to port canaveral from Orlando. Look into
this you will not regret it. I saved about 80 dollars going this way!

Old September 16th, 2003, 05:50 AM
Linda Coffman

Mears is very efficient and reliable. $38 round trip isn't bad, especially
considering the hassle-factor of renting a car each way.

Linda

"William W. Wright" wrote...
This is $38 R/T

"William W. Wright" wrote...