URGENT: Shengen Visa Question

Old July 16th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Dostio

Default URGENT: Shengen Visa Question

Schengen visa don't exist. Schengen is a place in Luxemburg where the EU
made the agrement from the open frontiers. Once arrived in a country who
signed the agrement, all frontiers are open. No more visa needed.

When you are allowed to enter France, the doors from Italy will be open for
you.

Dostio

"Sanes" schreef in bericht
om...
I have a very basic question. Trying to reach the consulates but the
phones are always busy!
I am planning to travel to Europe within the next one month. My
air-line tickets are with me.

-My first destination country in Europe is France,where I will be
staying for 2 days. I will be staying in Italy for 7 days.
Do I need to take a Schengen visa from the French consulate or the
Italian consulate?

-Pointers on sight-seeing/major attractions in Paris(2 days) are
needed and will be really helpful!

Tx in advance!

Old July 16th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Yves Bellefeuille

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Sanes wrote:

Do I need to take a Schengen visa from the French consulate or the
Italian consulate?

You don't say where you're from:

whois 64.165.213.35
[Requête en cours whois.arin.net]
[whois.arin.net]
Pac Bell Internet Services PBI-NET-8 (NET-64-160-0-0-1)
64.160.0.0 - 64.175.255.255
PPPoX SNFC21 Rback14 SBC064165213000020118 (NET-64-165-213-0-1)
64.165.213.0 - 64.165.213.255

If you're a US citizen, you don't need a visa.

Yves

Old July 17th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Alec

"Sanes" wrote in message
om...
I have a very basic question. Trying to reach the consulates but the
phones are always busy!
I am planning to travel to Europe within the next one month. My
air-line tickets are with me.

-My first destination country in Europe is France,where I will be
staying for 2 days. I will be staying in Italy for 7 days.
Do I need to take a Schengen visa from the French consulate or the
Italian consulate?

-Pointers on sight-seeing/major attractions in Paris(2 days) are
needed and will be really helpful!

If you need a Schengen visa, the rule states you have to apply to the
embassy or consulate of the country that is your main destination (Italy, in
your case). Only if you stay equal times in various countries, you apply to
the first country in Schengen you'll arrive at. You can't normally get
around this rule, as you have to show confirmed hotel reservation in the
country you apply your visa to (unless you cancel after you get your visa).
For only two days in Paris, I suggest you do a quick tour of the highlights
like Eiffel tower, Louvre, Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame, Sainte -Chapelle. If
time allows, Museé d'Orsay (impressionists and post-imp), Pantheon, Les
Invalides, Madeleine.

Alec

Old July 17th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Lennart Petersen

"Dostio" skrev i meddelandet
Schengen visa don't exist. Schengen is a place in Luxemburg where the EU
made the agrement from the open frontiers.

Schengen is a tiny rural village in South Luxemburg, but actually the treaty
wasn't signed in Schengen. It was signed on a boat being in the river Mosel
at the French-German-Luxemburg border close to Schengen, hence the name.
Once arrived in a country who
signed the agrement, all frontiers are open. No more visa needed.

When you are allowed to enter France, the doors from Italy will be open

for
you.

Usually a visa for one of the Schengen countries allows you to all other
countries but there are exceptions when a visa is issued being valid for one
country only.