Need help for my trip

Old August 14th, 2004, 07:46 PM
JamesStep

Sounds like a great trip, but have you considered visiting
the Grand Canyon? Personally I'd rank it higher than several
of the places on your list.

James

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-
Old August 14th, 2004, 08:22 PM
jcoulter

JP Peiren wrote in
:

You might also want to spend more time in Yellowstone. Two days
with parts of the travel days is enough only for a quick look.

Is it possible to stay in 1 hotel during the whole visit or is it
better to change hotels ? We stay at least 5 days in Yellowstone.

The road way in Yellowstone is basically a figure 8 so it is possible to
stay central and do the upper circle one day and the lower the next on the
third day go to Jackson Hole be sure to see Jenny Lake in Moose on the way.

There are several places that do float trips on the Snake river but I would
think that the water would be mighty chilly that early in the year.
Old August 14th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Barve New Whirl

JP Peiren wrote in message . ..
Hi, I'm planning a trip in May next year. We are two couples (2 drivers)
This is our schedule:

Day 01 Brussels - Tucson

Were I you, and were I going to the USA I wouldn't tell anyone my
itinerary let alone post it on USENET. Don't you read the USA crime
statistics where you are?

Old August 14th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Keith Willshaw

"JP Peiren" wrote in message
news

Hi, I'm planning a trip in May next year. We are two couples (2 drivers)
This is our schedule:

Day 01 Brussels - Tucson
Day 02 Visit Saguaro NP + Organ Pipe Cactus NM + stay in Scottsdale

Consider the Arizona Sonora Desert museum as a stop. Its just
outside Saguaro NP West and is superb

http://www.desertmuseum.org/

Day 03 Scottsdale - Flagstaff - Wallnut Canyon + stay near Petrified

Forrest

Holbrook is probably your best option

Day 04 Visit Petrified Forrest + Canyon De Chelley (worth visiting ?)

Hell yes

+ stay near Mexican Water

There's not much there in all truth, you'd be better off in Chinle
near Canyon de Chellye

Day 05 Visit Mesa Verde + Goosenecks State Park + stay in Moab
Is Antelope Canyon worth visiting ?
Day 06 - 07 Visit Arches, stay in Moab
Day 08 - 09 - 10 Visit Canyonlands + stay in Moab
Day 11 Moab via Capitol Reef + stay near Bryce Canyon (Rubys Inn ?)
Day 12 - 13 Visit Bryce Canyon

Day 14 Bryce - Cedar Breaks - stay in Layton or Ogden
Day 15 Layton - Yellowstone NP (is the Old Faithfull a good place to stay

?)

Sure

Day 16 - 20 Visit Yellowstone NP
Day 21 Yellowstone - Salt Lake City

Consider driving back through Grand Teton NP

Day 22 Salt Lake City

Rather than spend a day in SLC consider
adding a day for Monument Valley , you
are practically next door anyway.

Day 23 Salt Lake City - Brussels

Keith

Old August 14th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Aramis

What???? You've gone all wonky mate.

Are criminals lurking on USENET waiting to ambush Belgian tourists?

And if they were, how would they spot these particular Belgian couples
driving around the Southwest? "Hey, Tommy, I think those are the people from
Brussels I read about on USENET! It's May, we're in Arizona, and they sure
look Belgian to me!Let's get 'em!"

Assuming they could be identified on America's rural byways, or someone
decide that checking every hotel in the southwest for the month of May for
their name was a good idea, what in their posting would make them look like
a better target than any other tourist? Preferable to, say....some Brits
(gasp!)

Newsflash - people travel and criminals know it.

"Barve New Whirl" wrote in message
om...

. ..