help to book elusive Parador

Old May 6th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Ann Seiersen

Default help to book elusive Parador

I'm trying to book into the Parador Nacional de San Fransisco in Granada,
Spain, for my father and I in September but trying to get a booking isn't
easy even for my travel agent who's trying to get me to change my booking to
the Alhambra Palace instead. Can anyone help?

Ann

Old May 6th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Nige

Have you tried booking using the Parador website ?
http://www.parador.es/english/index.jsp

Old May 6th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Nige

Also, if you are in Australia, there is an Agent for Paradors
listed on the websit. Also check that the name is correct. I think
that there is only one Parador in Granada and it is referred to as
PARADOR DE GRANADA :

AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND IBERTOURS TRAVEL
Unit 5, 20 Commercial Road MELBOURNE, VICTORIA 3004
e-mail:
Phone: (61) 3 9867 8833
(Toll free from NZ : 0800 444 843 )
Fax: (61) 3 9867 8866

Old May 6th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Elio

"Ann Seiersen" ha scritto nel messaggio
I'm trying to book into the Parador Nacional de San Fransisco in Granada,
Spain, for my father and I in September but trying to get a booking isn't
easy even for my travel agent who's trying to get me to change my booking

the Alhambra Palace instead. Can anyone help?

Ann

Send an e-mail to the reservation center in Madrid at this address
or directly at one operator like Esther at

I understand that the Parador of Granada is often full.
I have stayed in the Alhambra Palace which is also a beautiful hotel in a
castle just outside the Alhambra that i will recommend.
Elio

Old May 6th, 2004, 02:08 PM
The Reids

Following up to Ann Seiersen

I'm trying to book into the Parador Nacional de San Fransisco in Granada,
Spain, for my father and I in September but trying to get a booking isn't
easy even for my travel agent who's trying to get me to change my booking to
the Alhambra Palace instead. Can anyone help?

Its a smallish and popular parador. I always book direct to the
paradors through www.parador.es It maybe fully booked for
September, check the online booking system.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Nige wrote:

Also, if you are in Australia, there is an Agent for Paradors
listed on the websit. Also check that the name is correct. I think
that there is only one Parador in Granada and it is referred to as
PARADOR DE GRANADA :

It's the same thing. I think that his is the formal name while yours is
the one more usually used.

Old May 6th, 2004, 04:30 PM
The Reids

Following up to Frank F. Matthews

only one Parador in Granada and it is referred to as
PARADOR DE GRANADA :

Yes, one, referred to as Parador National San Francisco or
Parador de Grenada