help me with road trip

Old September 4th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Lonnieanixt

Default help me with road trip

leaving newyork city for colorado.
what is quickest way by car.
how long will it take.
any advice where to stop along the way and what to watch out for.
Old September 4th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Dick Snyder

Take I-80 until I-76 right at the Colorado border (assuming you wanted to
head in to Denver). NYC to Denver is 1800 miles and about 31 hours. As for
where to stop, that is strictly a function of what you mean by "quickest" so
I can't offer any advice here.

Old September 4th, 2004, 02:50 AM
FLiP

Lonnieanixt asked
"leaving newyork city for colorado.
what is quickest way by car.
how long will it take.
any advice where to stop along the way and what to watch out for."

Where in Colorado are you headed. Two years ago I did a run from an hour
south of Harrisburg PA. to Penrose CO which is just south of Colorado
Springs. Used I83 north to Harrisburg then the PA Turnpike to I70 to Limon
CO, US24 to Colorado Springs and CO 115 south to Penrose. At Limon I70
bears north to Denver. Took 40 hours out and 36 hours back running at 70-75.
Trip out got caught in a tie up in downtown Kansas City MO. for 3 hours,
I70 was shut down, no warning until we were sitting. Trip back includes a 5
hour break for some sleep, same driver out and back.
Just a little note if you buy fuel in Indiana be prepared to pay an
additional SALES TAX on top of what the pump says.

Hope this helps.
Frank

Old September 4th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Brian K

On 09/03/2004 8:12 PM Lonnieanixt found Nemo in a Sushi Bar and exclaimed:

leaving newyork city for colorado.
what is quickest way by car.
how long will it take.
any advice where to stop along the way and what to watch out for.

Watch out for Amish people in Lancaster County PA. While you won't
encounter them on the Interstates. Should you get off the Interstate
for any reason, you will need to keep a keen eye for their horse and
buggies. They do have reflective triangles now, which makes spotting
them at night so much easier.

They are friendly people. If you have time you may want to stop in one
of their towns like Paradise, Bird-In-Hand or Blue Ball. If you get
lost they will be more than willing to help you. However, any
directions they may offer will be from their perspective.

Typical Amish Directions:

Q "Where is the farm market?"

A. You could follow the horse droppings in the road, but if you go
straight as the crow flies and turn at the dead tree on the hill then
pass Jahnn Soltzfus' barn you'll get there in the time my wife takes to
bake an apple pie.

You're better off with a map or OnStar. ;-)

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.