U.S. tourism may be casualty of war on terror

Old February 20th, 2005, 06:33 AM
miles

john wrote:

Armstrong received 250 million.

Armstrong Williams received 250 million? Snippits of headlines all
rolled together by the leftist nuts once again. Do show us all proof
that Armstrong Williams received 250 million. Get your facts in order
before pulling your foot out of your mouth and speaking.
Old February 20th, 2005, 06:37 AM
miles

Alan Street wrote:

Do you realize that you argue like a ten year old? ("well, if I'm a
weenie, you're a bigger weeine")

Thats exactly what you have been doing. You made a stupid ass remark
that twisted the original statement to suit your biased ways. You made
an assumption regarding my views towards kerry when kerry wasn't even
brought up. Now look at your above crap. Some ppl's kids....so
predictable.
Old February 20th, 2005, 06:40 AM
miles

Alan Street wrote:

Really?

Then please tell me why every right winger on Usenet and talk radio
immediately lapses into the "Bush didn't get a blowjob" mantra as soon
as they backed into a corner (much as you are now).

Will you just listen to yourself? The above statement is your best
effort at debate? Yes, some ppl's kids. Amazing but predictable.
Old February 20th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Gregory Morrow

PTravel wrote:

How did "Jeff Gannon" get a White House press pass from the Secret
Service (and under a false name) if not with the the collusion and
assistance of the administration?

Of course, you're right -- mere speculation isn't a substitute for
facts. So why is it that Bush et al aren't calling for an
investigation? Where's the administration outrage at using MY tax
money for partisan propaganda? Who are the Republican committee chairs
setting up Senate hearings?

And, as a final point, perhaps you're familiar with Harry Truman who
said, "The buck stops here." Even you can't deny that the
administration paid columnists to support administration policies. Who
do you think is responsible for running the administration?

Heck if something like this had happened under Clinton's tenure you can be
sure that the Repugnants would have the whole country in an uproar and they
would initiate impeachment proceedings.

Oh, wait -- you're right again. It's Karl Rove.

But go ahead and keep your head in sand while the country goes to hell
in Red State handbasket.

Yabbut just think Paul - we Blues have all the neat places in the country:
California, NYC, Boston, DC, Chicago, Seattle, Vermont, the better college
towns...we own the intellectual centers where things are happenin' and life
can be fairly pleasant.

So you see we *are* pretty much in the catbird seat ;-)

As for the rest of the States, those who are the Reds have stunning
backwaters like Texas, Alabama, Montana, Georgia, Utah in their column. I
mean who wants to live in some ghastly dump like Atlanta, Helena, Norfolk,
Provo or Houston? The GOPee neanderthals are *most* welcome to them.

You and I have a lot more in common with the people of Australia or Canada
or Western Europe and other enlightened places than we do with those idiotic
Red strongholds...

--
Best
Greg

Old February 20th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Gregory Morrow

John Pez wrote:

"Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote in
message nk.net...

miles wrote:

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Perhaps in your next life you can be Ann Coulter's sanitary napkin.

Ah yes, the ever so popular leftist form of debate. Oh so predictable.
The use of colorfull language is probably next.

Keep it up and we'll soon be calling you "inches" instead of "miles".

He is the Yin to JF Mezei's Yang.

In JF's case, perhaps that should be "Wang".

Lol...I'm surprised JF hasn't reared his un - American "head" in this
discussion...

JF! Stop playing with yerself and come out from under the covers!

--
Best
Greg

Old February 20th, 2005, 03:25 PM
miles

Gregory Morrow wrote:

You and I have a lot more in common with the people of Australia or Canada
or Western Europe and other enlightened places than we do with those idiotic
Red strongholds...

Then move to one of those countries so we can all be happy.

Old February 20th, 2005, 04:39 PM
PTRAVEL

"Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote in
message .net...

PTravel wrote:

[...]

Yep. Interesting, too, that in this thread, the two "anti-liberal
anti-lefties" are completely incapable of responding to the two central
points:

1. Why is there no investigation into how "Jeff Gannon" got a press pass?
(Miles said there was, but can't provide any information at all -- "if you
don't know, I'm not going to tell you.")

2. Why is there no outrage by Republicans that taxpayer money was used by
the administration to bribe columnists?

Instead they just call names, a debating technique they've apparently
learned from right-wing talk show hosts, Fox News and their
commander-in-chief.

Oh, wait -- you're right again. It's Karl Rove.

But go ahead and keep your head in sand while the country goes to hell
in Red State handbasket.

Yabbut just think Paul - we Blues have all the neat places in the country:
California, NYC, Boston, DC, Chicago, Seattle, Vermont, the better college
towns...we own the intellectual centers where things are happenin' and
life
can be fairly pleasant.

Quite so. As I mentioned in another thread, blue states lead red in number
of college graduates per capita and median income. Blue states are, for the
most part, "donor states," i.e. they pay far more in federal taxes in to the
system than they get back in government services -- blue states subsidize
the red states.

It is both the greatest strength and the greatest weakness of our system
that everyone gets to vote.

So you see we *are* pretty much in the catbird seat ;-)

Blue state people are better looking, too.

As for the rest of the States, those who are the Reds have stunning
backwaters like Texas, Alabama, Montana, Georgia, Utah in their column. I
mean who wants to live in some ghastly dump like Atlanta, Helena, Norfolk,
Provo or Houston? The GOPee neanderthals are *most* welcome to them.

You and I have a lot more in common with the people of Australia or Canada
or Western Europe and other enlightened places than we do with those
idiotic
Red strongholds...

"Oh, Canada . . . ."

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to learn the rest of the words.

--
Best
Greg

Old February 20th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Alan Street

In article ahWRd.18638$Tt.9032@fed1read05, miles
wrote:

€ Alan Street wrote:

€ Really?

€ Then please tell me why every right winger on Usenet and talk radio
€ immediately lapses into the "Bush didn't get a blowjob" mantra as soon
€ as they backed into a corner (much as you are now).

€ Will you just listen to yourself? The above statement is your best
€ effort at debate? Yes, some ppl's kids. Amazing but predictable.

Yet even when I cut the debate into little baby sized bites for you,
you fail to disagree and support your position. That's OK. I'll take
your inability to rebut my points as tacit agreement.
Old February 20th, 2005, 05:49 PM
john

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:29:50 -0700, miles wrote:

john wrote:
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:05:39 -0700, miles wrote:

Its already been established how that occurred and who was responsible.

How about you telling us who was responsible and how that occurred?

Oh geez, now this is so typical of the leftist ranters. Is it that you
really don't know? Or more likely, you really don't care as its far
more important just to hate and rant?

Stop avoiding my question.

I repeat, asshole:

How about you telling us who was responsible and how that occurred?

Who and when and by whom was Gannon cleared to attend the White House
briefing new conferences?
Old February 20th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Bert Hyman

In john
wrote:

On 20 Feb 2005 01:34:03 GMT, Bert Hyman wrote:

In john
wrote:

With your answers I see that you are nothing but a ****en troll.

You and your buddies start this thread crossposted to two TRAVEL groups
and you call -me a troll because you don't like my -answers?

That's funny!

You didn't give any answers--only non sequitors,

I you think they were non sequiturs, you have other problems.

you asshole.

Glad to see you're polishing your argument; you'll go far.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN