Song/music Help...

Old June 26th, 2005, 03:33 PM
MMB

Default Song/music Help...

Hi all,

I was hoping I could get some help from all of you out there.

Our July cruise is fast approaching and we have a very small group of
friends going on this one with us. The day before we are all getting
together for dinner/barbecue at our house and I was looking for some good
cruise music to play that evening to help get everyone in the mood.

I thought of a few of the obvious one's but I was hoping that some of you
could help me come up with more. I am looking for any songs that bring
cruising to your mind when you hear them. Songs that you typically hear on
board or whatever...

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Michael

Old June 26th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Brian K

On 06/26/2005 10:33 AM MMB while holding "court", exclaimed:

Hi all,

I was hoping I could get some help from all of you out there.

Our July cruise is fast approaching and we have a very small group of
friends going on this one with us. The day before we are all getting
together for dinner/barbecue at our house and I was looking for some good
cruise music to play that evening to help get everyone in the mood.

I thought of a few of the obvious one's but I was hoping that some of you
could help me come up with more. I am looking for any songs that bring
cruising to your mind when you hear them. Songs that you typically hear on
board or whatever...

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Michael

Just about anything by Jimmy Buffett, "Coconut Telegraph" is a good CD
choice. Single of Enya singing "Orinoco Flow - Sail Away", "Soundtrack
to Titanic" - only if you are brave and haven't had enough of Celine
Dion defibrelating her heart "My Heart Will Go On", "South Pacific" -
but only if there are some gay men in your group. C&C Music Factory,
after all that cruise music if your guests haven't up and gone then
liven up the party with some dance music. Other dance options include:
Brian Setzer & Stray Cats, Missy Elliot, "Lady Marmalade" single from
"Moulan Rouge" and of course Pink's album that includes "Get This Party
Started" and for a Brazilian flavor Tania Maria - "Live in Germany". 8-)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

Old June 26th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Don & Lynn

A CD called Romanza with Andrea Bocelli. It has a great song called "Time to
say goodbye". We've heard it many times on cruise ships.

Old June 26th, 2005, 07:55 PM
mrtravel

MMB wrote:

Hi all,

I was hoping I could get some help from all of you out there.

Our July cruise is fast approaching and we have a very small group of
friends going on this one with us. The day before we are all getting
together for dinner/barbecue at our house and I was looking for some good
cruise music to play that evening to help get everyone in the mood.

I thought of a few of the obvious one's but I was hoping that some of you
could help me come up with more. I am looking for any songs that bring
cruising to your mind when you hear them. Songs that you typically hear on
board or whatever...

There's got to a morning after.........................
Old June 26th, 2005, 08:13 PM
David C Jacobson

Michael- How about these two?

"Boat Drinks" Jimmy Buffett
"Float On" The Floaters

It would be great to see the completed list.

David Jacobson
Baton Rouge

Old June 26th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Surfer E2468

La Paloma Blanca,heard this on our very first cruise wayyyyyyy back in
the 70's,also HOT HOT HOT,had that on a ship when we had an engine
fire,and lost all power on the ship,and were stuck in the water for 3
days,really remember those cruises every time we hear those songs.
surfer e 2468

Old June 26th, 2005, 08:28 PM
mrtravel

MMB wrote:

Hi all,

I was hoping I could get some help from all of you out there.

Our July cruise is fast approaching and we have a very small group of
friends going on this one with us. The day before we are all getting
together for dinner/barbecue at our house and I was looking for some good
cruise music to play that evening to help get everyone in the mood.

I thought of a few of the obvious one's but I was hoping that some of you
could help me come up with more. I am looking for any songs that bring
cruising to your mind when you hear them. Songs that you typically hear on
board or whatever...

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Michael

Christopher Cross - Sailing
Styxx - Come Sail Away
Old June 26th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Arthur

MMB wrote:

Hi all,

I was hoping I could get some help from all of you out there.

Our July cruise is fast approaching and we have a very small group of
friends going on this one with us. The day before we are all getting
together for dinner/barbecue at our house and I was looking for some good
cruise music to play that evening to help get everyone in the mood.

I thought of a few of the obvious one's but I was hoping that some of you
could help me come up with more. I am looking for any songs that bring
cruising to your mind when you hear them. Songs that you typically hear on
board or whatever...

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Michael

UB 40's version of 'Red Red Wine' does it for me.

Old June 27th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Peri

MMB wrote:

I am looking for any songs that bring
cruising to your mind when you hear them.

How about "Sea Cruise" by Frankie Ford?

Ooh-wee, ooh-wee baby!

~ Peri