Travel from Cuzco to Arequipa and Cuzco info request

Old January 12th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Alander

Default Travel from Cuzco to Arequipa and Cuzco info request

Hello Everyone,
I'm thinking about travel to Peru this fall/summer. I'd like to do the
Inca Trail (4 days probably) again... and then move on to Chile. I was
wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way of going from
Cuzco directly to Arequipa and from there on to Tacna and Arica in
Chile (to catch a plane to Santiago). So basically I'd like to try to
get from Lima through Cuzco and Arequipa to Santiago... Does anyone
have any suggestions as to how / if this can be done. What is the
frequency of busses connecting Cuzco and Arequipa? Or is there perhaps
a way of getting from Cuzco directly to Taca and on to Arica??? I'd
greatly appreciate any info on the above. Thank you all in advance.

Best regards,

Alan D.

P.S. Also, could someone recommend a nice (clean), decently priced
hotel in Cuzco pretty close to Plaza de Armas? Any e'mail contat or
perhaps a website with the hotel would be greatly appreciate. Thanks
again.

Old January 13th, 2005, 10:39 AM

Alander wrote:
Hello Everyone,
wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way of going from
Cuzco directly to Arequipa and from there on to Tacna and Arica in
Chile (to catch a plane to Santiago). So basically I'd like to try to
get from Lima through Cuzco and Arequipa to Santiago... Does anyone
have any suggestions as to how / if this can be done. What is the
frequency of busses connecting Cuzco and Arequipa? Or is there perhaps
a way of getting from Cuzco directly to Taca and on to Arica??? I'd
greatly appreciate any info on the above. Thank you all in advance.

As far as I remember there is at least a (very slow) train going from
Cuzco to Arequipa. There might be some direct buses as well. Otherwise
you will have to change somewhere at lake Titicaca. Your guidebook
should know all those things.

Cuzco to Taca is a long way. I'd stop at least at Lake Titicaca and
Arequipa.

Have a nice trip
Jens

Old January 13th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Walter N. Smith

On 12 Jan 2005 09:49:47 -0800, "Alander"
wrote:

Best regards,

Alan D.

P.S. Also, could someone recommend a nice (clean), decently priced
hotel in Cuzco pretty close to Plaza de Armas? Any e'mail contat or
perhaps a website with the hotel would be greatly appreciate. Thanks
again.

I can't help you on the travel plans, but I can point you towards a
decent, and decently priced hotel only a half block from the square.
try this site:

http://www.enjoyperu.com/hotels/ingles/cusco/emperador/

Small, on the second and third floors and very clean.

Hope this helps,

Walt
Old January 15th, 2005, 06:08 PM
John

Or Hostal Saphi, very good and good price also.

Email to:

John
For hostals see also in my webalbum

http://community.webshots.com/user/johnvanzon/3