Recommendations - the perfect climate?

Old May 13th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Florence and Lou Roth

Default Recommendations - the perfect climate?

Sue said when I was growing up in Brooklyn, I took the bus or subway

When I was growing up in Brooklyn, I took the trolley car - much more
fun.

Florence

Old May 13th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Florence and Lou Roth wrote:

Sue said when I was growing up in Brooklyn, I took the bus or subway

When I was growing up in Brooklyn, I took the trolley car - much more
fun.

I remember the trolley cars and they were fun!! We will have to talk
about Brooklyn when we are on the Conquest together.

sue

Old May 13th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Howie

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Howie wrote:

BTC/TAK on ACK wrote:

Yiddish is such a marvelously colorful spoken language,

Maybe it's the NY in me, but I find, for example, "Zolst leben un zein
gezunt!" has just that little more to it [and is just more fun to
say] than
"You should live and be well!".

Mila

We are so far OT, that I have taken this to private e-mail.

No fair!! I was really enjoying this.

sue

OK, Eileen, the real computer maven, is setting up some kind of Brooklyn
Yahoo group that we can all chat on.

Howie

Old May 13th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Howie

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Eileen Garland wrote:

BTC/TAK on ACK wrote:

Cab drivers certainly can be a bit "crazy-making", can't they? I
don't know
much [oh, let's be honest here, I know nothing] about Lisbon's taxi
laws.
They [drivers] undoubtedly pay no attention to them anyhow... kind of
like
NYC cabbies. Trying to get a Manhattan cabbie to take you into
Brooklyn can
be maddening. (I do, by the way [and it's way too complicated a story
to get
into here] have reason to know that certain "contracts" [presumably,
even
verbal ones] there are only considered binding if in Portuguese.}

Tee hee. The way I used to get a cab to Brooklyn as a teenager was to
get IN the cab before I told the driver where I wanted to go. This
always worked.

When I was growing up in Brooklyn I didn't take cabs, just used the bus
or the subway.

Obviously, Sue, you were not a princess. Eileen, on the other hand, is
descended from true royalty, if ya know what I mean.

Howie

sue

Old May 13th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Eileen Garland

Default Brooklyn yahoogroup (was Recommendations - the perfect climate?)

Okay, before everyone starts flaming us for talking way off topic, I've
set up a yahoogroup. You can write to

or go to

Haven't done anything with yahoogroups in a long time, so don't expect
anything!

Eileen

Old May 13th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Howie

Florence and Lou Roth wrote:

Sue said when I was growing up in Brooklyn, I took the bus or subway

When I was growing up in Brooklyn, I took the trolley car - much more
fun.

I was fun, Florence. As a kid, I would always play at the wheel on
whatever end was the back of the trolly during my ride.

Howie

Florence

Old May 13th, 2004, 10:28 PM
RTCReferee

Eileen Garland wrote:

Okay, before everyone starts flaming us for talking way off topic, I've

set up a yahoogroup. You can write to

I'm not from Brooklyn, but I'm still upset that "Brooklyn Bridge" was cancelled
after being on the air such a short time.