Geo Holidays (aka Fairfield Affiliate) - my experience

Old October 14th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Rose2004

I have bad experience too. I got into the contract and now I wanted to get
out of the contract. They won't let me. They tried to get more money from
me. I think we should post up everywhere to talk about this experience so
other people will not get into the trap and fall for this. We should tell
the media, newsgroup. If anyone have the same problem, please speak up.
More people speak up, it will be more powerful. Would you all be my
witness to help solve this problem together?

Thanks,

Old October 30th, 2004, 06:03 AM
snickerzmom

Thanks to all of you, I got out of this at the phone call. I happened
to be online and googled geo vacations and this came up.

Your word of mouth IS working!!

--
snickerzmom
snickerzmom's Profile: 578

Old November 26th, 2004, 11:57 PM
dotsony

I was just received a funny sounding phone call asking me if I had entered
into a draw in the last 18 months ???? The last 18 months ???? Give me a
break... immediately I got suspuscious and I asked him what this was
about... he said he was calling from GEO HOLIDAY and that I have won a
free trip .... I logged onto the new and did a search and found out about
the real story... thanks for posting the information about this company.

What they are doing is legal, its just very immoral and taking advantage
of the nicer people in society who can't say know to high pressure sales
people...

Anyways, here is a link to the CEO of Geo Holidays that I found while
doind a search online ....

http://www.geovacationclub.com/about/message.html

I am a computer "geek" by trade and online developer/programmer .... here
is some information that I was able to dig up about this company ....

Accorind to Network Solutions (one of the authorities on Domain Names),
the domain is owned by :

Registrant:
The Geo Group (28952911O)
2225 Sheppard Ave. E.
18th Floor, Atria III
Toronto, Ontario M2J 5C2
CA
Phone: 416-490-0222
Fax: 416-490-0155

Domain Name: GEOVACATIONCLUB.COM

Their web master is :

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
Rumanek, Adam **
(AR578)

19 Rosemount Ave
Toronto, Ontario M6H 2M2
CA
Phone: 416-214-9288
Fax: 416-203-8959

Record expires on 09-Sep-2008
Record created on 09-Sep-1999
Database last updated on 08-Jul-2004

Old November 30th, 2004, 05:00 AM
callmewhatuwill

Just got off the phone with Wendy from Geo Holidays... maybe it was her
constant reminders that I wasn't being scammed into buying something
that set my 'spidey sense' tingling? Perhaps it was the insistance
that I bring a mate? But I am single and don't have a girlfriend right
now I replied, what if I bring my friend? Oh no, only couples are
allowed, man and woman.

A quick google confirmed my suspicions. Thanks for keeping this thread
alive.

And now to forward this link to everyone in my address book as a
pre-emptive stike against this farce called a contest. I am almost
considering going just to see how much fun I can have messing with
their heads...

--
callmewhatuwill
callmewhatuwill's Profile: 588

Old November 30th, 2004, 05:00 AM
kokio

We also have this bad experience. We went to the GEO Holiday
presnetation and somehow we signed the contract. Soon after that, we
realized that what we got was not what they were supposed to be. We
sent a letter to them and asked them to cancel the contract and refund
our money back (about $1500). They refued to do so and now their
laywer even sent us a letter asking us to pay off all the rest of the
money (about $12000).

Now We decide to go to the court with them. But we don't know what we
should prepare. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--
kokio
kokio's Profile: 606

Old November 30th, 2004, 05:00 AM
mtsukrova

to all who got trapped with Fairfield:

We formed goup in Yahoo:

http://tinyurl.com/4g2wx

If interesting in information that was done send e-mail from this
group.

--
mtsukrova
mtsukrova's Profile: 608

Old December 10th, 2004, 09:10 PM
eal

I have to agree with Pixie and Mima, Geoholiday is an excellent and
responsive timeshare points company.

The sales pitch that I attended was clearly described as a 90 minute
affair, and it was not a minute longer. We did win receive a free
vacation, and we went to Lake Tahoe for a week where we had a great
time.

We were the only ones that purchased a membership that night, but the
sales staff treated everyone else with courtesy and respect.

I have been a member for a few years now and I continue to get great
service and great vacations from Geoholiday. They add new resorts to
their portfolio on a regular basis and disassociate themselves from
ones where the standards have dropped.

I am sorry that some of the posters had bad experiences but my
experiences have been totally positive.

--
eal
eal's Profile: 641