What was airport inspector in Curacao looking for?

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:41 AM
Anonymous

Default What was airport inspector in Curacao looking for?

When I left Curacao, an unfriendly guard was asking everybody to open
their
bags for inspection. He was really digging through things. He
unzipped
small cases and even felt around the lining of my jacket. He didn't
know
how to pack clothes folding my tie in eighths and my jacket in
quarters. I
didn't say anything because he looked like a street thug with attitude
who
was put in a uniform. Had it been the US, I would have said, "Hey, my
clothes are going to get wrinkled."

What was he looking for? It could not have been explosives because
the
places he was looking were too small. Also, there are tests for
explosives
which are easier to do and more accurate. It would not make sense to
search
for drugs going out of your country. Using dogs to check for drugs
would be
quicker and more accurate.

I have never had anybody inspect my bags like that going into or out
of any
country. They did not even do that in China.

I will never go to Curacao again and that guard is one of the reasons.
I can
find better hotels, beaches, and more accommodating people in Aruba.
Also
Aruba is much safer than Curacao.
--multiplaza.nl.nu--
Old August 1st, 2004, 11:17 PM
Roger

Not sure where you flying to, but they regularly check for drugs on outgoing
flights from Netherlands Antilles to the Netherlands/Amsterdam, as they are
a transit point for drugs, due to the proximity to mainland. That does not
however give the excuse for the attitude.

Roger