Costa Maya - Uvero Beach - Can I take A Taxi There?

Old December 23rd, 2003, 11:19 AM
Larry Simon

Default Costa Maya - Uvero Beach - Can I take A Taxi There?

Has anyone taken a taxi to Uvero beach. I've seen lots of helpful comments
here, and in the google archives, about people who have taken the excursion
to Uvero beach and it sounds like a great place to go.

But $39 per person for a party of 8 adds up fast, and we're not too
interested in the open bar (or should I say I'd rather my teenagers didn't
have access!). So can we take a cab there? Anyone know the cost & size of
the cabs? Is there an entry fee? Who, if anyone, controls chair rentals or
usage? And finally - will there be cabs waiting to take us back or do we
need to arrange pick-up with our driver?

Old December 23rd, 2003, 02:41 PM
Bill C

I had the same concerns last July when we went there. I emailed them and
asked about doing it separately from the cruiseline but was told it was only
available through the cruiseline. We passed and got a taxi into town ($5 pp
r/t) and rented waverunners, then went back to the pool at the port and had
some tall frozen margaritas at the swim up bar.

Bill

Old December 24th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Bob Hersey

I too am interested in Larry's question as we will be visiting Costa Maya in
a few weeks. When you got your taxi to town did you notice if there were
cabs going to Uvero Beach or did you hear any discussion about it after your
day there. I still have to think that there are cabs to Uvero.

When you said that you "e-mailed them", who is them?

Still hoping someone will answer the admission fee question for Uvero Beach.

Bob

Bob & Hellen Hersey - Grand Princes 1-11-04

Old December 24th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Will Main

You probably could take a cab to Uvero Beach but it is privately owned and
used by the tour company that provides excursions to the cruise lines. The
owner provides not only food and drink but constantly cleans the beach and
restrooms. It may be possible to get through the gate since it is rarely
guarded but doing so would, in my opinion, be like sneaking into a movie
theatre or amusement park.

Old December 24th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Larry Simon

Thanks Will - your answer puts things in perspective. Sounds like this
isn't really a taxi site, nor that Taxi's would be waiting when we wanted to
leave.

Old December 24th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Bill C

This is the link describing the Uvero Beach excursion:
http://www.puertocostamaya.com/junglebeach.htm
and this is the e-mail address I used to find out the price of doing this
yourself.That is when I found out you could only do it through the
cruiseline.

This was last July so maybe they've changed it to allow anyone to do it.
Good Luck
Bill

Old December 25th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Bob Hersey

Hello Theresa,

Thank you for your info on Uvero Beach. My wife and I booked Princess'
excursion to Uvero last night based on reports posted in RTC. Your pictures
are terrific. Thanks for sharing them.

Bob

"Theresa" wrote in message

Uvero Beach was built by the same people who built the port area at
Costa Maya. When we inquired at Uvero Beach, we were told it is a
private beach available only for those who book it through the cruise
lines.

It is a very clean beach and I would definitely recommend the excursion
through the ship. It takes about 30 minutes to get to Uvero beach and
the excursion provides very nice air conditioned buses to take you and
for the return.

Here are some pics of Uvero Beach in my album:

http://tinyurl.com/2yakv

--
Theresa
Theresa's Profile: 106

Old December 25th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Len C.

When we were in Costa Maya last April we took the ship excursion to
Uvero Beach. It was relatively inexpensive think around $21 dollars per
person? In any event we boarded a tour bus that transported us to the
beach. Your welcomed and given a brief talk and then left on your own.
IMO the cost was worth the open bar and transport round trip.

Old December 26th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Bob Hersey

Hello Len,

Thank you for your insight on Costa Maya. No doubt, it's popularity is on
the rise and so is the price. Grand Princess is now asking $36 per/pax
which includes and open bar. Not wanting to miss Uvero we booked the
excursion. Looking forward to a delightful day at the beach.

Bob

Old December 26th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Len C.

Bob, I just pulled out my old Royal Caribbean docs from the April
cruise. I was mistaken the Uvero Beach Break was $36 per person NOT $21
as I initially posted. I was thinking of another tour! Sorry... Len