Wedding near Cairns

Old October 19th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Suz

Default Wedding near Cairns

My cousin is getting married Apr 4th near Cairns and I would love to be
there. However flights are so expensive.

What's the cheapest way of getting from London or Dublin at that time of the
year?

Also, if I did go, I'd bring my two girls aged 3 and 5, and stay for a
month. Any advice on where would be good to stay and car rentals, etc? I'd
love ocean front if possible, and don't need much other entertainment, just
a supermarket for food.

TIA
Suzanne

Old October 21st, 2003, 09:26 PM

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:32:51 +0100, "Suz"
wrote:

My cousin is getting married Apr 4th near Cairns and I would love to be
there. However flights are so expensive.

What's the cheapest way of getting from London or Dublin at that time of the
year?

Also, if I did go, I'd bring my two girls aged 3 and 5, and stay for a
month. Any advice on where would be good to stay and car rentals, etc? I'd
love ocean front if possible, and don't need much other entertainment, just
a supermarket for food.

TIA
Suzanne

Suzanne - my messages are not dropping in in order but did post the
links to other thread so will repost it here again as well:
You may want to subscribe to Qantas and Air New Zealand webmails as
well for web only fares.
www.qantas.com
www.airnz.co.nz
- just do a search for the link to the website for your country.

Have you thought of any preference of travel ie: via Singapore or via
the US? Check out stopover costs for a day or so as sometimes they
can cost very little additional and it would give you and the girls a
break on the long flight.

Suzanne,
I posted a note to the immigration newsgroup asking for websites for
UK/Ireland fares.
This list is courtesy of "bondipom" - I will add more as they come.

Cath

www.expedia.co.uk

www.ebookers.com

www.flightcentre.co.uk