On A Trip To Alaska

Old May 8th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Edward Bagnaschi

Default On A Trip To Alaska

I am confused on what type of clothes to bring on a trip to Alaska
because it it warm in Seattle when you leave, and then the weather
changes. Then I am not sure whether to wear boots , hat, and gloves.
some on give me a hand on this one. thanks.

Old May 8th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Mike Cordelli

It can be in the 70's or 80's, so boots and gloves may be overkill. Wear
layers, with the top one something waterproof just in case.

Old May 9th, 2004, 12:58 PM
JLeary256

Gloves are best taken and I always use them.
Old May 9th, 2004, 01:01 PM
JLeary256

I am a many time Alaska visitor. I see way too many people underprepared. You
will need a wide range of attire.
lined lightweigh jacket- key is quick drying, layers of sweatshirts, tshirts,
etc, rain gear, 2 pair of walking shoes- NO boots, knit hat and gloves, I
never take jeans, much better are lined and unlined wind pants, long johns. I
always do my laundry off ship in Skagway- can be done in a little over and hour
with their fast propane dryers, greatly cuts down on bulk.
Old May 9th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Eileen Garland

Edward, please ignore the nasty people. We're not all like that.

Eileen

Old May 9th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Mark

One thing that we forgot were stocking caps for our ears!

For some reason, it never occurred to me that if I was to be floating among
walls of ice with a breeze - that my ears might get cold. (Too many years in
CA after growing up in MI, I guess.) I packed warm jackets but forget head
protection. -- and with much more exposed scalp these days, it'll be even
more important if/when we cruise Alaska again.

Mark

"CupCaked" wrote in message
(Edward Bagnaschi) wrote:

I am confused on what type of clothes to bring on a trip to Alaska
because it it warm in Seattle when you leave, and then the weather
changes. Then I am not sure whether to wear boots , hat, and gloves.
some on give me a hand on this one. thanks.

When are you going? We went on an Alaska cruise in late May and
needed everything from light spring clothing for the few days in
Vancouver, Seattle and Victoria, plus a heavier jacket, scarf and
gloves for onboard when we got to the Inside Passage and Glacier Bay.
Believe me, we needed it all, too!

Karen