Help Me Pick An October Cruise For Me

Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:38 AM
Tom & Linda

Default Help Me Pick An October Cruise For Me

OK...

Need some suggestions. I had to cancel my Mediterranean sailing this past
summer (had to have surgery). Now I've got a lot of vacation to use up - as
a single traveler (kids are now in school). I'd like to minimize the air if
at all possible (I won't mind flying one way).

So....

When - October this year.
Price - around or under $3000-$3500 including air, outside cabin (not
interested in an inside)
From or To - NYC area would be nice.

Give me some suggestions. I'm even up for something a bit more upscale as a
possibility - maybe they have higher prices but lower single supplements.
Can't be too pricey though, since I'm going as a single.

Some ideas that come to mind:
A Crossing or repositioning. (Connie's doing a great one, it even goes to
Iceland, but it's too soon for me - Sept 7 - I'm not quite ready to go yet)
Connie to Canada (some nice sailings in October)
QM2 doing a crossing.
QE2 crossing (does she still do them?)
Something on Crystal or one of the other nicer lines doing a repositioning.
Millie's crossing in November is too late.

Anyone got any ideas to toss out? Anywhere from 7 to 14 days.

Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:44 AM
Charles

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

QM2 doing a crossing.

Sounds like a good idea.

--
Charles
Old September 2nd, 2004, 03:24 AM
Len C.

WHATEVER you choose sounds great! A bit too 'rich' for my blood though!
I would love it, but guess will have to save those thoughts for my
GOLDEN years! Have fun!

Len...

Old September 2nd, 2004, 04:12 AM
RTCReferee

Tom K wrote:

When - October this year.

Any day in October to any day in October, or can it sort of spill into November
a little?
Old September 2nd, 2004, 04:12 AM
RTCReferee

Old September 2nd, 2004, 04:52 AM
Tom & Linda

"RTCReferee" wrote in message
Tom K wrote:

When - October this year.

Any day in October to any day in October, or can it sort of spill into

November
a little?

Some Spillage is OK on either side.

--Tom

Old September 2nd, 2004, 05:49 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Tom K wrote:

When - October this year.

Any day in October to any day in October, or can it sort of spill into

November

a little?

Some Spillage is OK on either side.

Tom, how about the Sleaxy3?? I know it is Carnival(gasp!), but you
would be traveling with friends and I would love to see you again. We
are sailing out of New Orleans on 10/31 and goiing down to see NO a
couple of days early.

sue

Old September 2nd, 2004, 06:26 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
Tom, how about the Sleaxy3?? I know it is Carnival(gasp!), but you
would be traveling with friends and I would love to see you again. We
are sailing out of New Orleans on 10/31 and goiing down to see NO a
couple of days early.

sue

Good idea, Sue! There will be quite a few people on the Conquest that you
(Tom) know and have exchanged posts with on rtc! That would be fun indeed!
You would get to do New Orleans with us too! Most of us are coming in a few
days early...around Oct 29 or so..Sheree has taken the Conquest and had very
favorable comments if I remember correctly..
So how about it Tom? It would be great cruising with you again!

--Jean